Electric feeds to tracks

Earl Bathurst

Hi

Thanks for the reply im looking to know where to solder the power feed to the track which rail and where on the point? I have had a look through the search and was unable to locate the information i require? I have included the pic again and have put dots where i think the power feeds should go, am i correct in soldering them there?

Scott

post-267-0-80441200-1314740575.gif

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Thanks for the reply im looking to know where to solder the power feed to the track which rail and where on the point? I have had a look through the search and was unable to locate the information i require? I have included the pic again and have put dots where i think the power feeds should go, am i correct in soldering them there?

Scott

Why don't you follow the Peco diagram?

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Yes - that's the correct place. Same as for a standard point as this point is basically two Electrofrog points overlaid on each other. A strong recommendation (from my unfortunate experience with 3 of these) is to bond the stock rails to the blade rails as you would for any other Electrofrog point. All 3 of mine now have at least one extra dropper fitted after laying, when part of the point became electrically dead. I believe the web is already cut for you in the right places.

Archived