Class 60007 DBSchenker naming ceremony tomorrow at Peak Forrest

richard60098

Yes was told/found out this morning via a toton link & wnxx that apparently not confirmed shes to be named at Knottingley monday morning wheither this happens or not is a different story + the fact if she can actually make it there under her own power on the day remains to be seen? Thou thats a coal depot and its not as thou any 60's really pull coal anymore its either stone or tanks so will be interesting to see wat they name her if it happens that is?

Cheers for the replys anyway chaps.

• RMweb Gold

Thou thats a coal depot and its not as thou any 60's really pull coal anymore its either stone or tanks so will be interesting to see wat they name her if it happens that is?

Cheers for the replys anyway chaps.

I assume you're not counting the LBT - Fiddlers circuit where the 60's have been working for a good few years ... :huh:

Yes taking in to account the fiddlers/liverpool trips thou surely if she was to be named after that working it would be done in the north west not a shed/dread hot spot were 60's don't tend to do out fela! Hopefully pics up today from someone as she is suppost to be coming out the paint shops but it now maybe wednesday? Don't know the people who add to wnxx and similar mustn't be going of correct info as not a lot actually seems to happen when it states its going two i'm just pleased i don't go out to fot these workings as it would clearly be a waisted journey with no loco there! :scratchhead:

hi loco at knotingly depot

Ollie, any idea what working 07 used to get there? My usually reliable source had 07 allocated to the 0B60 12:35 Toton-Knottingly but a 66 worked that. Same source had 07 showing still at Toton at 14:00.

thanks

Mike Wiltshire

She failed yesterday didn't she before even leaving toton? Looks like more works needed before shes in good health! Thou like theothers i'm sure they'll use her with faults and plenty of clag coming out the exhaust lol i heard naming was taking place at kingmoor? But to be honest as stated above no information on the wnxx and similar sites is genuine till theres picture proof etc...

she got named today the spirit of tom kendell after my son who was killed in road accident who also worked for db schchenker god bless you son xx

Sorry for your loss, Ollie. It is both sad and refreshing at the same time, that some employers do value their employees enough to remember them in this way, even in such tragic circumstances. I hope we can all spare a thought, when chasing 07, how much is given unseen, behind the scenes while we pursue our hobby.

MW

• 2 weeks later...

Archived