Fitting sound to an O' Gauge Heljan Hymek

Lowlander

Hello

I am in the process of fitting a Loksound Xl chip into an O Hymek, I have wired the pickups and the motor wires to the chip.

Can someone please direct me on where the red/white lights and also the fan unit go to on the chip.

The instuction manual you receive now is in German, which was never my strong point.

Thank You

Stephen

Guest 838rapid

Hello Stephen.

German was not my strong subject,but this is the wiring for the Hymek.

The white/red lights are fitted as such.

The red wires needs to be fitted with a resister each,i generally unsolder these from the circuit bord I am removing, and these go into u+ also the red wire from the fans goes there.

The black wires from the lights go to either RL(reverse lights) or FL( forward Lights) dependant on loco direction..I have added a single white bulb to mine each end so it looks like the real thing.

The black wire from the fan goes to Ax 1.

Hope this helps

Adie

• RMweb Gold

Stephen

Well timed

Any chance of some photos of the installation. I assume you've discarded the circuit board that comes in the loco. I'm about to do exactly the same job myself to a Telford purchase and have yet to work out where to fit the speaker. I've seen a number of threads here and elsewhere about this particular decoder installation - most of which involve milling the chassis. See attached:

http://www.migoforum.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=909

Chris

Archived