Here's some I did earlier

• 11 months later...

Bloomin' heck, Bernard! I remember reading all the articles on these as I got hold of the through the late 80s/early 90s. I even bought 2 VTG Ferrywaggons to do the conversion - still waiting for me to pluck up the courage and have a go. As I read more on construction techniques and gain more confidence the sooner it will be before I get these wagons done. It's certainly interesting to see the stock again. As you said - where has the 30 years gone?!  

If it's any consolation, I still have aoither one to do, though I was always planning to do that as the FS version http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/ferryitalianbogievan with the disticntive deep lower section to the doors. Still, that will have to wait until I get to my new home - after I'm not of 'no fixed abode'.

Edited by BernardTPM

I think I've managed to miss this thread until now, too. I well remember the articles in Practical Model Trains: they were a key influence on my ideas about what could be done in n gauge. My student bedsit was filled with shards of plastic from attempting to emulate your Lima 31 cut'n'shut, and I still have a bag of Plastruct dome ends which I bought from Stan Catchpole's old shop in Liverpool to do a batch of chemical tankers in imitation of yours.

Jim

• 4 years later...

Well, today I've edited this topic to put back in all the pictures Photobucket so 'graciously' withdrew. Not too hard here as they can be uploaded directly. I have also added a few extra notes where things have changed since.

• Like 1

Well, today I've edited this topic to put back in all the pictures Photobucket so 'graciously' withdrew. Not too hard here as they can be uploaded directly. I have also added a few extra notes where things have changed since.

Thanks for that. It's a thread worth keeping as the definitive reference work for modern N.

I remember seeing Brigenshaw at Wembly (the short lived successor to the 5-day agricultural halls London show) and in the magazine. I've still got the article and the layout was a great inspiration and incentive to me to go N gauge.

G.