IKB/Wrightlines

mike morley

Last weeks payslip included a totally unexpected bonus, when I'd long been expecting a redundancy notice.

I decided to spend it on an IKB coach kit I've been promising myself for a long time, only to find the relevant website now contains nothing but the news that Kay Butler has retired.

Does anyone know what has happened/will happen to the various kits and bits Kay used to produce?

• RMweb Premium

The business is now with Adrian Swain of ABS Models. Details below copied from UKmodelshops.co.uk

ABS Models 39 Napier Road, Poole, Dorset , BH15 4LX icon_tel.gif 01202 672891 s.gif s.gif

Catalogue: 5 x 1st class stamps

No website and no email. I understand that stocks of some items are limited. Follow the directions above to get in touch. There have been several comments particularly on narrow gauge forums about Wrightlines but we have to respect his way of doing business which may not suit everyone.

Good luck

Mike

..... several comments particularly on narrow gauge forums about Wrightlines but we have to respect his way of doing business which may not suit everyone.....

Best described as "idiosyncratic".

It may be easier to find out which (if any) shows ABS might be attending, and deal with him face-to-face. At least then you'll know whether or not you can get what you want. Similar approach for 247 Developments.

Are you sure that the IKB range has been passed over as well? There was nothing about this on the website last time i looked - just a retirement notice. Thankfully I have a couple of IKB coaches, though typically not as many as I wanted....

I think someone had put up an email address for Adrian Swain and noted he will take paypal - it was in a thread on GWR wagon kits.

Craig W

• RMweb Premium

I have spoken to Adrian in the last month and he told that Kay had retained IKB and I think something else.

Roger

Thanks Roger - I stand corrected on the IKB part of the original Key Kits/ Wrightlines business. Was the other business Thatcher nameplates ??

Mike

Thanks Roger - I stand corrected on the IKB part of the original Key Kits/ Wrightlines business. Was the other business Thatcher nameplates ??

Mike

That is correct.

Kay IS passing IKB kits and Thatcher nameplates to others to trade, no announcement until detail negotiations are completed.

Archived