My drive shaft broke

ews60002

Hi,

How easily is it for a drive shaft to snap? I bought a new model last month and haven't yet run it in. so today got it going underway on my layout when after 15 mins the loco stopped. wouldn't go forward or backwards when I looked at the wheels, one set of the bogie is stopped, I took of the body and the drive shaft was broken in 3 pieces.

The model I have is a PIKO 59485 Diesellok G 1206 CFL cargo and measuring the shaft is 2.5 cm long.

Is it easy to get a replacement of is it best to try and send it back to the manufacturer.

Any advice received is always appreciated.

Thanks

Mathew

Hi,

How easily is it for a drive shaft to snap? I bought a new model last month and haven't yet run it in. so today got it going underway on my layout when after 15 mins the loco stopped. wouldn't go forward or backwards when I looked at the wheels, one set of the bogie is stopped, I took of the body and the drive shaft was broken in 3 pieces.

The model I have is a PIKO 59485 Diesellok G 1206 CFL cargo and measuring the shaft is 2.5 cm long.

Is it easy to get a replacement of is it best to try and send it back to the manufacturer.

Any advice received is always appreciated.

Thanks

Mathew

If you only bought the model new last month, then it is still covered by warranty. Far better to return it for repair/replacement than try to fix it your self.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Mathew

I agree with the item being so new go back to the retailer,

however if you need to get replacments drive shafts in the future, I would recommend using Gaugemaster, it may take a while but I ordered the same parts via Gaugemaster and a few model shops in Germany Only Gaugemaster delivered and at a reasonable price.

steve

nb usual comments not related to gaugemaster other than as a happy customer.

Archived