Commer Campervan

Peter Beckett

Hi

Believe Oxford Diecast are planning a Commer PB Royal Mail Postbus in N & OO and also OO BR Van / Crosville mininbus versions. Planned release date 4th quarter 2011.

Hope this helps

Phil

I'd managed to miss that one somehow! Details, such as they are, are here : http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/eras/1_76_1960_Co_Future.htm - postbus will suit my mid-70s highland layout quite nicely.

Cheers

Andy 8)

• RMweb Gold

This is bringing al sorts of mixed memories, my Dad had one of these http://thumbsnap.com/sc/0XAFubd2.gif in the mid 80's. It was a 1979/T and had the BT logos blanked out with black paint (no removable vinyl's back then!), Oh, and it was under powered and couldn't carry much compared to the Bedford CF he had just got rid of.

If you can't wait (and a Commer Camper would make a great change from all those damn VWs) you could hack it from the old Matchbox milk float Commer which is very, very close to 4mm, though with the earliest style front. They used to be very common. There are two in this 1975 photo:

post-1877-0-27738900-1498937907.jpg

If you can't wait (and a Commer Camper would make a great change from all those damn VWs) you could hack it from the old Matchbox milk float Commer which is very, very close to 4mm, though with the earliest style front. They used to be very common. There are two in this 1975 photo:

Newquay1975.jpg

One I made earlier (about 35 years earlier) from the Matchbox milk float. Now showing it's age but due for replacment by the Oxford one.

post-1625-0-43028600-1316076259.jpg

Merf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Try Rod Parker (he advertises in Railway Modeller), he did a J4 van and pickup. Classix planned a J4 campervan before the unfortunate death of the proprietor, but latest news is that Bachmann have taken the range over from Pocketbond, so hopefully the series will be expanded. I understand that John Day Models are also working on a J4 van - Royal Mail version first, possibly other variants later.

Archived