Mainline 0-6-2T chassis replacement.

Mark 37

Well after getting my son into model railways, I sold all my old engine to generate some cash for new up to date models although I held onto my 0-6-2T. Not sure why, cause I'm a real diesel fan. The day my father went to buy me a loco with my birthday money he came back with this. He was actually sent to get a class 37. It still runs very well for being 27-30 years old. The only thing is it does run rather noisy. I've done all the normaly lubricating and cleaning.

As we are DCC now I wondered if there was a replacement chassis for this particular loco?

Many thanks,

Mark

Ah, but there were two 0-6-2T in Mainline's range, and when it comes to noisy the N2 model was the easy winner, being equipped with the Arfix design 'special coffee grinder sound' open frame five pole motor. http://www.mainlinerailways.org.uk/N2.htm

So the first question is: do you have an elegant round top parallel boiler model, or some ill-proportioned weirdness that looks like a pencil sharpener on wheels? If it is the first then ask East Kent models or Abigails if they have a Hornby N2 chassis available. (The body locators on bunker rear are very slightly different, but will cause a modeller no difficulties.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived