Caledonian 0-4-4T?

D605Eagle

Guest Max Stafford

No, but I'm all ears after that snippet - beware of marketing-led red herrings though...!

Edit: On the other hand; considering the source it sounds potentially interesting with the caveat may be released.

Dave.

These rumours often get underway on the information that 'someone' has had access to measure up a preserved specimen. As always the caution is that it's a long journey from preliminary measurements to assess suitability and potential in model form, and the decision by a manufacturer to give it the green light as a production job. Not that it wouldn't be very welcome news...

Will keep my fingers crossed on this one, although hope its not Hornby as the price will be prohibitive!

I guessed Hornby purely because they have 0-4-4 experiance, but yes I'm with you on the price issue. I don't know how anybody can bring themselves to part with £109.99 (ignoring discounts) for a small tank engine. Doesn't strike me as value for money, more like profiteering.

Guest Max Stafford

Still cheaper than DJH lads and you still have to build that with no guarantee of a successful outcome. Let's agree to differ on this one or we'll waste one anothers' time going round in circles. :)

Dave.

Depends how close you mean Coachmann.

The M7 is arguably like an enlarged generic Caley 0-4-4T, but trying to nail it to a particular class is what we'd call a hiding to nothing, IMO.

Otherwise we'd have been doing a lot more Hornby M7 bashing based on the current model.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived