Tower models O gauge castle

steve fay

Does any one have one of Towers new castles?

My dad wants a castle but dose not really want to pay for a custom built kit model so the only real option is the tower castle. Only problem is we haven't seen them in the flesh only pictures on the web.

I can see areas where there's detailing missing which could be added quite easily.

Personally I think some of the tower/San cheng models are really good Ivatt 2MT, standard 4 tank and some where there not so good and pictures can tell a false story.

So I would be interested in what any one might think.

• RMweb Gold

My local Antics store has one in a glass case and looking at it I thought it lacked quite a lot of detail.So I would say its a basic start which could maybe be detailed further with bits from JLTRT .I think the chimney is seperate in case you want to fit a double one.It wouldn't be in the same league as a full Mitchell one but you pays your money etc.

Being the proud owner of a full spek JLTRT/ Mitchell castle I know it's hard to compare the two.

But looking at the tower loco I would add sand boxes under the cab a big omission, a new pony truck, depending on which loco mechanical lubricator with associated pipe work and for a 4 row superheated loco the additional boiler adornments

Replace the outside steam pipes and a few of the other supplied fittings.

I don't think this would add a great deal of cost to the loco but would enhance it.

I could replace the supplied boiler with a resin one from Jltrt which I know has been done with the tower king by a few people.

Archived