Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Bob Symes - 70's modelling programme

dave flint

• RMweb Premium

The layout at the end of the video that Michael posted above (e.g. the one built entirely from propriety items); where have I seen that before? Not that it is particularly good or anything, but it just stood out as something I have seen or read about, possibly in a special one-off mag in the 1980's.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifmodel world forum.jpg

After a little search I found this, the BBC book that went with the series, which mentions that the programmes wnet out on BBC2 at 6.40pm on Tues and Thurs starting on 13th May 1975 and would be repeated on Sat mornings from the 11th Oct. 1975. The series covered Model aircraft (free flight and Controlled), Model yachts, Model power boats, Military Modeeling and Model railways.

The book came with full sizes plans for building the model yacht, frigate(Leander Class) and glider that were featured in the programme. ......and I still have them.

Hi

I too have the book and did attempt to build the Frigate. Not sure what happened to the boat but I did find the propeller and motor the other day.

Cheers

Paul

Archived