Peco surface mounted point motors and N Gauge points

Hi All, I have installed peco point motors, surface mounted on peco adaptor bases on the fiddle yard of my 'N' gauge layout. The problem i have is the arm of the adaptor keeps jumping off the ' Pimple' on the tie bar. As in the title these are N gauge Peco points. I have tried glueing with plasic glue, superglue and arraldite but to no avail. Any one else had this problem ? and any one got any good solutions ? Regards Peter

I have used some peco P-11's on my 00 gauge layout. Sited away from the track by a few inches, they are linked by brass rod to a small hole in the centre of the tie bar of the peco points. I understand that N gauge points have small holes in the tie bars towards each end, can't these be utilized ??

I have used some peco P-11's on my 00 gauge layout. Sited away from the track by a few inches, they are linked by brass rod to a small hole in the centre of the tie bar of the peco points. I understand that N gauge points have small holes in the tie bars towards each end, can't these be utilized ??

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. Yes they do have holes, but as there N Gauge they are not very strong. I have already knackered 2 using the holes with SEEP underboard point motors. But this could be the solution, i will whip one off and see if it will work. Thanks again. Regards Peter

Strengthen the operating hole by bonding a couple of brass washers to it, one above, and one below.Use Araldite, if enough room, fill the hole, and redrill about .5mm smaller, use brass rod, for operating the point, with a close running fit to suit. Fortunately the hole in the middle of the tie rod on Peco 00 gauge points is 1.25mm diameter, and I use 1.2mm brass rod, but the points already come with a strengthened hole with a thicker boss of plastic.

Strengthen the operating hole by bonding a couple of brass washers to it, one above, and one below.Use Araldite, if enough room, fill the hole, and redrill about .5mm smaller, use brass rod, for operating the point, with a close running fit to suit. Fortunately the hole in the middle of the tie rod on Peco 00 gauge points is 1.25mm diameter, and I use 1.2mm brass rod, but the points already come with a strengthened hole with a thicker boss of plastic.

Could be difficult as the points are already fixed down, and i have an Exhibition in a few weeks. Will try this mod after that, it sounds about right to me, Many thanks.. Regards Peter

Archived