Class 37 body swap

I've got one of the original Bachmann 37/4s. I can't remember the Manufacturers ref no but its the original model where people were complaining about the body shape. its an E&WS version 37419. I've seen that I can buy replacement bodies from Trains On Time and probably a few other retailers. My question is , how wasy would it be to swap bodies. is it a simple body swap or would more work be required? I'm aware that the Bachmann 37 has been through at least 2 iterations meantime. Would I have to restrict the swap to 37/4 or can I use 37/0?

Any help appreciated

Alan

• RMweb Premium

Not sure I think they are different as the latest ones have cab lights and I think also all axles are diven whereas I think your model only had 4 axles driven. There was a large logo version released at same time. Maybe you could locate one of these for the swap

Off the top of my head I can't remember if Bachmann released a 37/0 with that 8 pin chassis. I don't think they did. I think your best bet would be a bodyshell of 37408 if you want one in large logo blue. This was an early release model that came with the early 8 pin chassis, the same as your 37419. The later release 37/0 models had the newer 21 pin chassis which aren't suitable for a direct body swap with an earlier model.

• RMweb Gold

I've got one of the original Bachmann 37/4s. I can't remember the Manufacturers ref no but its the original model where people were complaining about the body shape. its an E&WS version 37419. I've seen that I can buy replacement bodies from Trains On Time and probably a few other retailers. My question is , how wasy would it be to swap bodies. is it a simple body swap or would more work be required? I'm aware that the Bachmann 37 has been through at least 2 iterations meantime. Would I have to restrict the swap to 37/4 or can I use 37/0?

Any help appreciated

Alan

The old style bodies use a plug and socket configuration to connect the light units and the main board together I believe the newer ones have contacts that touch on a pcb like the Hornby ones do but they are not easy to swap.

Archived