Saldy I have not yet had chance to get to Shillingstone since the signal-box was opened, and pictorial coverage of its interior on the NDRT web is either very poor or well-hidden :-( But.... from the one picture which I did find, although the FPL lever (4) at the north end is clearly blue, the one at the south end (13) appears to be black. Why? Is it just a trick of the light or what - anyone know please?

As per a few weeks back most of the levers have been rubbed down and are now in red oxide awaiting a final coats of paint.

I am sure they are members of the Trust, if you they look in the members only gallery there is about 60 photos of Shillingstone, if thats any help.

This isnt making much sense?!?!

• RMweb Premium

As per a few weeks back most of the levers have been rubbed down and are now in red oxide awaiting a final coats of paint.

This isnt making much sense?!?!

Bike2Steam mentioned that the Shillingstone guys were looking at making a model of the place and I was seeking to be helpful in pointing them in the direction of photos they might not have seen.

We will certainly be well blessed with layouts of Shillingstone before long, if other plans come to fruition, according to the RM, a small group of modellers based around East Knoyle ( between Shaftesbury, and Warminster, near Semley) are planning a 00 gauge model - I wonder how much of that is thanks to Bachmann ??

Bike2Steam mentioned that the Shillingstone guys were looking at making a model of the place and I was seeking to be helpful in pointing them in the direction of photos they might not have seen.

Sorry i miss read your orginial post. The guys involved are Shillingstone members who are the brains.

And here is a pic from end of January this year after some work and even more has changed since that

6783678627_a72ba6d7e9_z.jpg

New fence yet to be painted and the site itself by FighterCommand, on Flickr

[Admin Edit - Unsubstantiated rumours removed]

Now I hear a friend of mine, that lives in Swanage, has started work on an 0 gauge model of Shillingstone, that'll be interesting to see at exhibitions, when it gets on the 'circuit', - at least it'll help to spread the 'word' maybe.

Archived