Who's are the plastic centred Markits/Romford type wheels

Buhar

The title asks my question really, they were for 4mm EM or OO. I saw them on a stand at Leatherhead and then forgot to go back and examine them closely. Who makes them and where can you get them?

Thanks in advance folks.

I've used the Scalelink wheels a couple of times. They are nicely moulded and run true on their axles. Just note, as Scalelink point out on their website, they are not pre tapped for crankpins. Scalelink suggest gently tapping them with the crankpins themselves, I used a proper tap. Having plastic centres you need to be quick if you are going to solder on the crankpin bush.

Arthur

I had problems with the last set I used; the back to back was too tight (on Romford axles) and I had to add 7 thou or so packing (a piece of paper) to the back of one wheel boss. I also had one which had been moulded with the flat of the hole out of line with the crankpin so it was impossible to quarter. No problems with them otherwise and they're a fraction of the price of Markits.

The title asks my question really, they were for 4mm EM or OO. I saw them on a stand at Leatherhead and then forgot to go back and examine them closely. Who makes them and where can you get them?

Thanks in advance folks.

You saw them on the DC Kits stand (www.dckits-devideos.co.uk) the wheels are Scalelink and suit Romford Axles. Motors, Gearboxes etc are also stocked. Orders can be collected from Tolworth in November, St Albans in January & Watford Finescale in February & Epsom in April!!

Ring and ask for Charlie 01132 563415 8am-1pm & 6pm-8pm Mon to Thursday.

• RMweb Gold

The DC Kits page: Look under Kits: Then look under wheels. Think you will find them! Charlie

Just 'cause Charlie is too lazy busy to provide the link...

http://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/shop/dc_kits/wheels_wheel_sets/

I'd be interested in what problems have been encountered as I have a load waiting to go under vaious kits...

Thanks

Archived