Accucraft L&B Lew in 16mm scale

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Accucraft UK have just released pictures of the engineering sample of their 16mm scale Lynton & Barnstaple Lew.

Version 1 is live steam possibly with working drain cocks. (shown below)

Version 2, if there's enough demand will be electric. (you can register interest, deposit free, from Accucraft dealers such as Trackshack)

Both versions will be regaugeable for 32mm or 45mm gauge.

Photos courtesy of Accucraft UK

post-6968-0-47332600-1319032151.jpg

post-6968-0-00518400-1319032165.jpg

post-6968-0-06815800-1319032182.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Just heard that they are considering ditching the working draincocks due to pre-orders worried about damage if it derails. just means a rag over the chimney when first moving to catch condensate rather than splattering the paintwork with oil.

• RMweb Gold

I take it that your scraping and tipping is along the lines of "oh I've had that ages dear" in terms of understatement? ;)

Mind you I read an article about a chap in the US who landscaped his line using a front loader, his shed was more of a subterranean bunker complex! Now there's an idea as the missus dad drives some seriously big excavators at work, she might allow her dad to pop in and dig the garden as long as I don't mention with what . . .

• RMweb Gold

I take it that your scraping and tipping is along the lines of "oh I've had that ages dear" in terms of understatement? ;)

Alas we have a scale plan of the design - and Mrs Stationmaster can understand it quite well so any 'changes' will have to be subtle (if I can subtle with a mini-digger :paint: The biggest headache is trying to fit something in which will accommodate a return loop curve of the required radius without pinching anything noticeable from what the plan shows as 'lawn).

• RMweb Gold

Expression of interest in electric Lew already registered, just hope that Accucraft contact my supplier to confirm the order (which theyt did not do for the green W&L Countess.....)

Digger for arrived last year to reshape the garden:

post-586-0-49762700-1319198585.jpg

.....and now, a year later there's a couple more mountains :this: :) :

post-586-0-64007800-1319198619.jpg

Just hope that Lew is good at climbing hills :dontknow: ....

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Expression of interest in electric Lew already registered, just hope that Accucraft contact my supplier to confirm the order (which theyt did not do for the green W&L Countess.....)

John at Trackshack tells them so might be worth getting your local shop to email AccucraftUK Keith, or drop them a line yourself to confirm the order is with that dealer.

I talked to Ian Pearse about the Countess and they went ahead once they had 50 orders, I'll make a point of popping over to their stand at Warley to see how it's going.

Archived