New SWD sound 37

john beckett

I ordered a SWD Class 37 chip from Rails a few weeks ago. I didn't even realise there were alternative start-ups until I received it. There are instructions with it, e.g. pressing F1 on then off gives you a false start whereas on, off, on I think gives a cold start. I was very impressed!

Great video - the (refurbed) non/cold start up option sounds very impressive, however the "transition" into normal idling sounds a little bit suspect to me , as if a the non/cold start sequence bit has been added/replaced in an existing sound file - that sounds very similar to the first sound fitted Bachmann 37, which featured non refurbed sounds. Once 37 417 becomes available, I'll have a back to back test with my presently preferred Zimo Digitrains 37's.

Hopefully the Zimo Digitrains sound decoders will have this option added in the near future ? over to you "pauliebanger"........................

I think SWD did the sound for Bachmann on the 37 and 66 but I ham not sure. The loco in the video when it's on the move sounds like the 37 I had of SWD some years ago. I think you my be right that the start up sound files have been hadded on to this sound 37 but it's sounds good to me. I suppose that the differents between the old 1min chips and the now 4min chips they can do so much more now a days.

Great video - the (refurbed) non/cold start up option sounds very impressive, however the "transition" into normal idling sounds a little bit suspect to me , as if a the non/cold start sequence bit has been added/replaced in an existing sound file - that sounds very similar to the first sound fitted Bachmann 37, which featured non refurbed sounds. Once 37 417 becomes available, I'll have a back to back test with my presently preferred Zimo Digitrains 37's.

Hopefully the Zimo Digitrains sound decoders will have this option added in the near future ? over to you "pauliebanger"........................

Tractor,

It would be simple to do, and I try to capture a 'failed start' for each loco I record, but I have no plans to add them at the moment. How many times do you want to start/restart with a failed start in one running session?

I would rather use the available memory to give the best driving sounds, with the longest loops possible. These are the sounds that really matter, I think.

But, never say never. It might happen if enough people request it from Digitrains. Ha Ha.

In the meantime, I have a Class 20 with new recordings and a novel way of 'notching' to finish off.

Paul

Archived