Lima Class 43 (HST) replacement wheels - Question

vac_basher

I hope this is the correct section to post this question in. Appologies if it's not. My reasoning being Lima was absorbed by Hornby, so....

Dose anybody do replacment OO gauge wheels are avauilable for the Lima Class 43 HST. I'd like something lower profile (flange?) to make it look slightly more realisitc.

Another thing, maybe my mind's playing tricks on me, but was there ever a disc brake kit available for the old HSTs?

Hurst Models (I think) did the disc brake inserts.

Correct: not wishing to advertise, I have deleted the prices from this source page: http://www.hurstmodels.com/4/4mm_misc.htm

Disk Brake Inserts - Coaches, Wagons, Locos and Units

Designed to fit most Hornby and Lima wheel sets, as well as Ultrascale and Alan Gibson wheels. Being etched in stainless steel (not brass or nickel silver), the inserts are naturally bright and shiny as per the prototype.

BTK100 MK 3 Coach Disk Brake Inserts

Contains 16 disks (enough for 2 coaches). Suitable for disk braked MK 2s, MK 3s (excluding DVT), Wessex Electric trailer vehicles, and other modern disk braked multiple units. Fits 12mm wheels.

BTK102 Class 43 HST Power Car Disk Brake Inserts

Contains 16 disks (enough for 2 power cars). Suitable for class 43 HST Power Car models. Design allows either BSI or Nor Bremse disk brake types to be modeled.

Archived