Backdating the Farish blue 47403 The Geordie

• RMweb Premium

I'd like to remove the printed nameplate with no damage to the painted surface so I can represent the loco as it was in Deltic days (it was named in Feb 82). Does anyone have experience of removing nameplates/numbers on recent Farish or Bachmann locos?

Thanks in anticipation.

Modelstrip works a treat on any printed Bachmann detail. It eats through the inks used for numbers, names etc, but doesn't touch the base livery paint. Annoying when stripping to respray, but ace for renumbering, naming etc. It's a thick paste, apply it with a cocktail stick, remove after 30 mins with a damp cotton bud. Repeat if neccesary

HTH

jo

• RMweb Premium

Modelstrip works a treat on any printed Bachmann detail. It eats through the inks used for numbers, names etc, but doesn't touch the base livery paint. Annoying when stripping to respray, but ace for renumbering, naming etc. It's a thick paste, apply it with a cocktail stick, remove after 30 mins with a damp cotton bud. Repeat if neccesary

HTH

jo

Thanks for that Jo--I would have thought it would be too aggressive. I'll give it a try.

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks chaps--I'll have to get on with ordering the loco now! Pity Bachmann weren't more careful in their choice not to pick one with more versatility--I wonder if they do any market research or just pick the (on the surface) ''attractive ones''.

Archived