Singleton - West Sussex

Richard Jones

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I've only just signed up to RM web, so I though I would see if it could yield any prototype information for my proposed model.

I am planning (wait to see if it gets past that stage!) a layout based on Singleton - you can see my (planning) efforts to date on the TEMPLOT forum at:

http://85a.co.uk/for...010&forum_id=12

I have a number of suitable LBSCR kits from Albion, DJH, Roxey, Blacksmith and ACE waiting to be built, though I will set the period as circa 1930 and will relax the weight restrictions for larger locos...

I have a good selection of the published books, including the recent edition of The Southern Way (issue 16), but if anyone knows of any more photos of Singleton that haven't been published - particularly the turntable and platform buildings I would be very pleased to hear from you.

best wishes

Richard

• RMweb Gold

Branchlines to Midhurst comes to mind, but then you'd have that one.

More than 30 years ago, West Sussex CC had copies of the original official pics taken at/before opening of the line, in their library (I think) at Chi. No idea whether they are still available, but they sold prints for a modest fee. Some of these also appear - a bit small - in Paul Clark's Chichester & Midhurst Railway, pub Turntable Publications 1979 ISBN 0 902844 53 9, which has other details, too. I think Paul worked in the Area Manager's Office at Barnham.

Many thanks,

I have the Paul Clark book, and many of the Bannister photos from West Sussex CC - they have been very helpful.

I have a feeling there are more photos in the collection of E Wallis - former SR signal engineer, but haven't been able to find who has them.

best wishes

Richard

Archived