"Wellow Station" -- a few 00 pics

GreenDiesel

looks a very nice layout and a nice loco to! what era is the layout based on?

Thanks! The layout is basiclaly set in 1958-66, so this loco is obviously too early for that. I occasionally make exceptions and run older 1920s/30s stock (or even stock from a different region), but I'm mainly run it as if it were the S&DJR in the late-50s/60s. This is why I'm trying to paint the station colours in WR browns and creams (thanks to help from others on this forum).

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! The layout is basiclaly set in 1958-66, so this loco is obviously too early for that. I occasionally make exceptions and run older 1920s/30s stock (or even stock from a different region), but I'm mainly run it as if it were the S&DJR in the late-50s/60s. This is why I'm trying to paint the station colours in WR browns and creams (thanks to help from others on this forum).

Rob

Don't take offence just don't run your trains to fast that close to the edge of the baseboard sad.gif

Seriously great layout keep up the good work and enlighten us with your progress smile.gif

Don't take offence just don't run your trains to fast that close to the edge of the baseboard sad.gif

Seriously great layout keep up the good work and enlighten us with your progress smile.gif

Thanks for your feedback! Yes, having the track so close to the edge is a design flaw of the layout -- I'll have to fix that.

Basically, I'm trying to cram as much layout into the smallest area possible (using 18" and 15" radius curves), which is why I've had to come so close to the edges. So far, I've had only one "serious" casualty when a train derailed and one of my coaches was damaged. I should widen the layout by 2 to 4 inches there. Then I could add more detail such as Wellow's signal box and a waiting shelter.

Thanks again. I'll try to post more pix when I've added more scenery.

Rob

Archived