Workington Model Railway Show, November 19th/20th

Mike at C&M

A reminder that the annual show organised by the Workington Transport Heritage Trust is taking place this coming weekend at the Moorclose Sports Centre in Workington.

Opening hours are 10am > 5pm on Saturday 19th and 10am > 4pm on Sunday 20th.

There are 15 working layouts and plenty of trade and society support.

For those travelling by public transport, bus routes 31, 50, 50A and 51 all pass close by.

Further details at http://www.wtht.co.uk/mre/mre2009.htm (despite the link, it does relate to 2011!)

A reminder that the annual show organised by the Workington Transport Heritage Trust is taking place this coming weekend at the Moorclose Sports Centre in Workington.

Opening hours are 10am > 5pm on Saturday 19th and 10am > 4pm on Sunday 20th.

There are 15 working layouts and plenty of trade and society support.

For those travelling by public transport, bus routes 31, 50, 50A and 51 all pass close by.

Further details at http://www.wtht.co.uk/mre/mre2009.htm (despite the link, it does relate to 2011!)

Mike.

Hope the show is going well.

I had seriously thought about going to see it but had to cry-off as lack of money

dictates I only visit one show before Xmas.

I had wanted to see the 5.5mm Isle of Man layout with the live steamers (that's the

locomotives I'm talking about). I believe Brian Caton used to sell these to the public?

The other thing I wanted to see was the S4 Demo on modelling the S&Darlington.

Hopefully someone will post images of the show on this thread.

Mac.

Mike.

Hope the show is going well.

I had seriously thought about going to see it but had to cry-off as lack of money

dictates I only visit one show before Xmas.

I had wanted to see the 5.5mm Isle of Man layout with the live steamers (that's the

locomotives I'm talking about). I believe Brian Caton used to sell these to the public?

The other thing I wanted to see was the S4 Demo on modelling the S&Darlington.

Hopefully someone will post images of the show on this thread.

Mac.

I'll be in back at Workington tomorrow with camera. I will take some photos of the IoM Live Steam and if the owners are Ok with it, will post them on the thread.

Simon

I'll be in back at Workington tomorrow with camera. I will take some photos of the IoM Live Steam and if the owners are Ok with it, will post them on the thread.

Simon

As promised I was back with camera and took a few shots. Unfortunately the combination of poor lighting, a cheap camera and rubbish camerman dont make for good photos. The IoM Live Steam owner, Brian Caton, was only too happy to have been asked, as this hasnt always been the case - Video clips of his locos on Youtube, without his permission, and then the person had the cheek to say that they could not be copied/used without his (the video man's) permission! Brian hand scratch built his locos and the quality of his building is shown by the fact that he has a built-in "circuit counter" so knows that two of them have done over 100 real miles (not scale miles!), so they are pretty reliable and durable. They are powered by methylated spirit, so the smoke is pretty natural! I just wish that I had the time and ability to do this type of thing.

So, below are two photos, one of an IoM loco puffing its way along, while the other is of Beckside TMD, a 5 foot 00 gauge layout originally seen at Workington in the 2009 5 foot challenge (It won!), and subsequently updated with lights and run on Hornby's new Railmaster software. I do have some other photos of the IoM layout, but they arent very good either!

post-9029-0-34746100-1321824770_thumb.jpg

post-9029-0-44342500-1321824808_thumb.jpg

Archived