Bachmann Great Central Station parts

coachmann

Having looked at Bachmann's Great Central station components in the Hatton's catalogue, I am left wondering how they all fit together. The ensemble must look pretty impressive.

Does anyone have images of the assembled set they could post here please?

Edit : I'm embarrassed to say that within five minutes of starting this thread I came across a picture on the Great Central Railway website.

Thought these couple of pics might be of interest, I was really impressed with these buildings and thought they may well do a job on a non London extension ex GC layout that I have just started planning/building. The high level entrance in particular, this is what you get

post-7067-0-40183100-1322436830_thumb.jpg

My understanding is that Rothley is restored to GCR period, so a bit of work would be required to turn the clock forward to very late 60s early 70s, 'decaying edge'. So with a bit of painting and weathering we are currently at this stage, very much still work in progress but this is the entrance to Bradford and Beswick (where's that then? East Manchester, yep there's a Bradford in Manchester, normally pronounced Bradf'd ather than Bratfud!)

post-7067-0-96665400-1322436853_thumb.jpg

Humbrol Ivory 41 is a very good match to the Bachmann cream, I think the waiting room building may frature boarded up windows

yep there's a Bradford in Manchester, normally pronounced Bradf'd ather than Bratfud!)

I used to smile at the traffic sign in Oldham Street, Manchester, which said "Bradford and the East".

My GCR buildings have been on order for a week but now'ts been packed as yet let alone despatched.

EDIT : The buildings arrived late afternoon bow't warning. Luverly.

....a bit of work would be required to turn the clock forward to very late 60s early 70s, 'decaying edge'. So with a bit of painting and weathering we are currently at this stage, very much still work in progress ...

Very convincing. Even the wonky slanted windows don't look out of place - age has made them sag a bit!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived