Hudswell Clarke 204HP diesel mechanicla 0-6-0

I have just bought the Mercian models kit for the above and would like to track down some prototype pictures of the industrial version with the shorter bonnet.

Any links would be appreciated.

This version has the shorter bonnet unlike Western Pride / PBA 30.

Gordon A

Bristol

Perhaps it might be an idea to join the Industrial Railway Society email list and post a message on there as there seem to be many folks that have all sorts of interesting items.

Have you tried the Search Engine @ NRM?

I'd be interested as and when you come accross one as it would fit nicely into the ongoing project that I'm developing for the products manufactured by the various Leeds Engine builders.

Not sure what you mean by the shorter bonnet version, Can you put up a picture of what your kit is supposed to build as?

Do you mean the type with the gearbox in front of the engine? http://www.railwayherald.co.uk/images/photos/750/750115989.jpg

as opposed to those where the gearbox is covered by the engine compartment? Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0DM

There are loads of variants with differing basic dimensions and wheel diameters...

The thumbprint third from left, on the bottom row, illustrates the industrial version Paul mentions in the post above.

http://www.geoffspages.co.uk/raildiary/nw87.htm

Looking at Mercian's website they seem to produce the version in Dave's first link, plus the BR derivative, and the version in Paul's link.

Arthur

Chaps,

As requested a picture off Mercian's website

DL3.jpg

This looks similar to the picture posted by Ruston - many thanks.

Ruston is the engine in your link taken at the Pontypool & Blaenavon?

Arthur and Halfwit thanks for trying to assist, I should have posted a picture in the first place.

This kit was a moment of weakness purchase at Warley after having ordered some other bits from Mercian.

I am looking to try out CSB suspension on this chassis.

Gordon A

Bristol

That will do very nicely thank you Arthur, I had forgotten about that particular string.

Now all I have to do is build it.

If Ruston's picture was taken at P & B I will have to cross the border, and hope that the loco was not mangled in the mishap over there.

Gordon A

Chaps,

As requested a picture off Mercian's website

DL3.jpg

This looks similar to the picture posted by Ruston - many thanks.

Ruston is the engine in your link taken at the Pontypool & Blaenavon?

Arthur and Halfwit thanks for trying to assist, I should have posted a picture in the first place.

This kit was a moment of weakness purchase at Warley after having ordered some other bits from Mercian.

I am looking to try out CSB suspension on this chassis.

Gordon A

Bristol

Is this the same loco as the Impetus kit? I have one of them built as a P4 loco.

EDIT - just realised it's shown on Arthur's link page.

Archived