Alexander models Q6 Help required please

Lee Whitty

i've recently purchased the alexander models Q6 and was wondering if anyone can help me with finding where to get the additional items required. (so i dont end up buying everything from separate places if not necessary)

The items required are:

Motor D11 or D13

18mm Driving wheels

16mm tender wheels

Axles

Crankpins

Gears

Any help would be appreciated i think se finecast are looking like the best option at the min but any suggestions would be greatly recieved

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Could be difficult to get all from the same place, I personally would use Gibson wheels (they do the correct type for the Q6) and use a High Level 60/1 Loadhauler gearbox fitted with a Mashima 10/24 motor. This is actually what I will be doing when I get round to doing my Q6.

Forget about the D11/D13 and separate gears.

Markits is much easier self quartering wheels.

I agree re using Mashima , no idea how much space if the 1620 can be squeezed in much better (its actually 14mm wide)

look here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/10081-how-to-select-a-motor-for-your-model/page__p__88541__hl__%2Bmashima+%2Bpower+%2Boutput__fromsearch__1#entry88541

The kit must be old or the instructions need updating.The D11 and D13 are from many years ago

Guest Max Stafford

Try a Mashima 14x24/High Level 60:1 loadhauler combo if you can fit it in. It won't go very fast, but it'll pull your car if it needs to!

Remember, you can accommodate the motor in the boiler if you're struggling to get it in the firebox. High Level boxes are designed to be flexible in their use.

Dave

Archived