Bacup - Mills in the hills

Jason T

About time those gutters went on, talk about damp walls. Those poor little folks, two years of green mould. :) Finally caught up on this thread and am just adding my bit of praise. The buildings and street scenes are superb and you have really captured the mucky stonework and somewhat bleak atmosphere of the time.

Regards,

Terry

• RMweb Premium

I can see you lurking Paul. It's the draw of the G2A isn't it? It's got you thinking about fitting a spoiler, some spinners and some Cibie spotlights to your Q6 :D

• RMweb Gold

I can see you lurking Paul. It's the draw of the G2A isn't it? It's got you thinking about fitting a spoiler, some spinners and some Cibie spotlights to your Q6 :D

You forgot the go-faster stripes. Crucial man, crucial.

• Like 1

It's a super chimney. Would it be too cheesy to have a steeplejack half-way up, doing a spot of repointing?

Complete with his old mucky land rover or his steam roller parked at the bottom?

:D

Edited by Black Sheep

• RMweb Premium

As a celebration, I decided to bling up my G2A with some wikkid alloys :D

G2A_zpsd5d9b9ea.jpg

EM Conversion kit using Gibson wheels, etc. Not actually finished yet (obviously)

Just need to convert the track now then Jason.

• Like 2

-- Sandside,

- Do I detect thoughts from you, PLUS helpful suggestions from others, to change to EM.?

- But why stop there - why not go the whole hog and complete the job by UPGRADING to P4.?

- With your modelling skills, attention to detail etc. etc. I doubt if the differences between EM. and P4. would daunt you.

- True that the tolerances are much tighter, and possibly a bigger concern might be the larger radii required on curves and on suchlike; but, to an inventive mind, such seeming obstacles can be overcome, can't they?

- Just a passing thought! -- :-)

Edited by unclebobkt

BTW Jason, looking at the Bike pics, did you ever hear of a Mick Whitlock from Horndean / Cowplain, in Hampshire, he was friend from the Motorcycle Club and used to build Trials bikes under the Whitehawk name, (I had one), he later got seriously into BMX.

Andy :sungum:

Jason, I've been scanning through and got as far as page 28, now I'm getting frustrated as I am trying to find your point control method, I.E. switches in a panel or a Lever Frame.

Please put me out of my misery. :O

Cheers,

I use the Digitrax handset Andy. Wouldn't do so for an exhibition layout but for home use it is fine

DOOHHHH :O We had this conversation a few days ago re all the wiring :no: , I must be getting Old and Senile or just stressed out :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: , hahha

Cheers

And :no:

• RMweb Premium

Can I just confirm that I am not about to rip up the track on Bacup and go EM or P4; the two locos are for a different layout (BCB). I have spent far too much time on this layout to start ripping up and relaying the track :)

• Like 12

We need a 'Phew, that's a relief!' button. Seriously, your modelling is to such a high standard (trackwork included) that it is virtually impossible to tell that it is to OO - especially when the railway views are three-quarter and side ones.

Cheers,

BR(W).

Can I just confirm that I am not about to rip up the track on Bacup and go EM or P4; the two locos are for a different layout (BCB). I have spent far too much time on this layout to start ripping up and relaying the track :)

I was half expecting someone asking if you were 'doing a Larry'. On the loco front, I have been given a Lanky 3F 0-6-0, so I can take my eyes off yours now!   :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I saw you had got hold of an A Class, I could picture you typing up that you had one with a huge grin on your face :D

All you need now is a 4mm Young Larry for the cab.

• Like 1

Jason can't rip the track up and change it as I have had a Royal Invite.

For many years one of my favorite layouts has been Borchester Market, mainly due to its prototypical running and train schedules and Bacup is of a similar ilk but in a more of a Prototypical Landscape. The Goods Yard is my biggest fascination and its operation is one thing I'm looking forward to.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I was just having a catch up when your LMS brake vans jumped out at me.  I'll need one to go on ex-GWR 9642 together with two other brakes I have on that useful thing called "Pre-Order" so I've been looking around for this type but only came up with the old models.  You've done a great job on yours, Jason.  Impressed and heartened at the same time.

Polly

• RMweb Premium

One of my three is a very old one; it had plastic wheels originally. A bit of chopping and filing and I reckon they look quite presentable, having a few clasp brakes spare from Parkside kits came in very useful though. I just glue them to a strip of Plastikard and then position the Pastikard next to the frames to space them out, after having chopped the moulded ones off (which are inline with the axle boxes).

• RMweb Premium

I use the Digitrax handset Andy. Wouldn't do so for an exhibition layout but for home use it is fine

Worked fine when I was using it. In fact, I was impressed by the ease of use - you may even persuade me to buy a Digitrax system!

Hopefully Bodge will get to play with it this weekend.

Jeff

• Like 2