Flying Pig

I seem to remember Bachmann saying after they re-issued the Jubilee with both a new body and chassis that there hadn't been sufficient additional sales to justify the investment. So possibly far from being a poor marketing decision it might be a commercially realistic one...

There's a caveat I would register, Bachmann didn't release fully what was originally announced. No sloping throatplate boiler version, and my gut feeling is that this is the one more likely to be popular. I had that down as a purchase from when it was announced, to replace the sorely clapped out old Mainline origin model as my representative Stanier type 4-6-0 in LMR service. When it didn't appear, but the Rebuilt Patriot did from Hornby, that's what was purchased. Lost opportunity for Bachmann.

Bought a rechassied V2 to look it over, and used the new mech to repower a worked on earlier body. (Not too impressed with the mech either, geared to run too slowly.) No further purchases, more lost opportunity. There plenty of choice of superior models available, I'll have those instead.

Archived