Bury Model shops?

narrowman

I've got another coach trip next week to Bury market on Wednesday. I assume there hasn't been any new shops opening and the shop at the railway doesn't open in the week?

Last time I was there, I thought we passed Ikea on the way out, but a store doesn't show up on their website. Is (or was) there an Ikea just off the ring road (I think it was opposite JB sports/Matalan?)? I need another APA storage box for a Gn15 project and the APA isn't available mail order...

Tony

The nearest Ikeas to Bury are Ashton on the site of Ashton Moss Junction in Manchester or at the Gemini Retail Park in Warrington.

There is a model shop near to Bury:

48 Bury Old Road, Whitefield,

Manchester

M45 6TL

0161 798 7021 OR 07787 384443

Hi I have just been in there today, I was up in my Old stomping ground of Bury for a sad event "funeral", I called into "The Loco Shed" on my way home, you can get to this shop from Bury on the Metrolink - get off at Besses O'th Barn station walk out to the main road, turn left, over the M60 motorway and it is another 200 yards or so on the left, or catch the 135 bus Bury - Manchester, I think there is a bus stop right near to it, ask for the Coach & Horses pub, it is opposite.

Tony

The only two I know of in the Greater Manchester 'area' are Ashton which can be seen from the M60 and Warrington next to the M62.

Thanks for the replies!

But, can anyone tell me if there WAS an Ikea in Bury. Both my wife and myself recall seeing one as the coach left last year, but is this a false memory and/or a sign of increasing age???

Tony

Hi Tony, definitely no Ikea in Bury, nearest ones are either Ashton or Warrington................if you don't feel warm in the crotch area its false memory, if you do feel warm in the crotch area you are beyond increasing age.

Anyway enjoy your day in Bury, Up The Shakers.

Archived