Farish first generation DMU's

1977joey

Hi, i just wondered if anyone knew what was happening regarding the class 101, if its going to be a new tooled version or just a new chassis on the excisting Poole tooled 101? Also there's still no sign of an expected date regarding these most popular units.

I also wonder if we might get an N guage version of the Class 108 with the headcode box fitted above the cab. The 3 car versions are also only going to be made available in Green or all over blue which is good, but no blue & grey for those of us modelling post 1970's <_< .

A variety of 108's are available in OO guage, i just hope we get the same variety in N at some point.

I'm sure I read on the previous version of RMweb that the old 101 tooling was not of high enough quality for it to be reintroduced, and all further releases, unless just an older model in a new livery, would have new bodies and mechanisms. Where room permits newly tooled locos will also have DCC sockets. A state of the art 101 (or maybe a 105?) will appear one day, and possibly 3 car 108s in blue and blue/grey. One model which I'd buy, in either a 2 or 3 car unit, is one of the refurbished white DMUs. I'm sure they've been released in 00 gauge.

George

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

According to Colin Allbright at the N Gauge Show earlier this year:

The Class 101 is being rebuilt with new bodies and a new chassis based on that used on the class 108. Should be with us in the next 12 months.

The Class 108 might appear with roof mounted headcode boxes; We're unlikely to get NSE liveried version though as apparently the OO version hasn't sold very well. Chicken and egg I say. Who's going to model NSE when there are no coaches and virtually no NSE liveried locos? (never mind there not being any EMUs).

The Class 105 will also appear in N, but not until the OO version and N Gauge 101 have been done.

With three first generation DMUs, Farish are then likely to take a break from them as they feel that the market can only buy so many of them.

Don't forget that there's also the Class 121 and 122 due from Dapol next year (drawings on show at Warley).

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Hi,

According to Colin Allbright at the N Gauge Show earlier this year:

The Class 101 is being rebuilt with new bodies and a new chassis based on that used on the class 108. Should be with us in the next 12 months.

The Class 108 might appear with roof mounted headcode boxes; We're unlikely to get NSE liveried version though as apparently the OO version hasn't sold very well. Chicken and egg I say. Who's going to model NSE when there are no coaches and virtually no NSE liveried locos? (never mind there not being any EMUs).

The Class 105 will also appear in N, but not until the OO version and N Gauge 101 have been done.

With three first generation DMUs, Farish are then likely to take a break from them as they feel that the market can only buy so many of them.

Don't forget that there's also the Class 121 and 122 due from Dapol next year (drawings on show at Warley).

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Oh dear, I haven't built the DMU sheds on my layout (yet) and already they are too small... ;)

My opinion and odds; - apparently they have already done some work on the 101 so expect that, as a 'banker', at some time in the future. The class 105 has been mentioned before and is available in OO but there's never been any confirmation and they've recently seemed a little coy about it as an N gauge model - probably 'evens' chance. They have recently introduced a three car 108 but as to a roof mounted headcode box version I'm not so sure. It's probably an 'outsider', but after all it is really a straightforward modelling project to undertake - I'd suggest getting on with doing that if you really want one.

G.

• RMweb Premium

The class 105 has been mentioned before and is available in OO but there's never been any confirmation and they've recently seemed a little coy about it as an N gauge model - probably 'evens' chance.

Come on Bachmann - forget all these lucrative modern wagons and crank out some 1950s railcars. You know you want to. More to the point I want you to - the Cravens is a must-have for my area of interest.

Of course some first generation MUs include AEC GWR twin railcar, 5Bel, and 6Pul (if I'm allowed to mention that here!)

Langley do a white metal kit for the twin GWR railcar. 5PUL and 6BEL are bit more of challenge but available as etched 'scratch aids' from Worsley Works.

• 6 months later...

Archived