Ince castle identity change

Redditch 34

Have you actually tried buying one from Argos? They've been out of stock now for months, the listing should have been taken down by them.

Hornby themselves flogged them for that price via Amazon the previous year, clearly Argos offered Hornby cheaper commission charges to shift excess stock this year..

Castles are a minefield, you'll probably find issues with superheater covers and lubricators even if the major details such as tender type, front end and chimney are the same.

• RMweb Premium

I converted 'Ince' to 'Bristol' Castle, however no Castle conversion is straightforward, if you can get access to The Book o fhe Castle 4-6-0s and Portraits of Castles then you will have a good reference point to start with, the Great Western Archive online is also useful.

All

Seeing as argos have ince castle available at a reduced price what castle can it be changed to with just a change of number and name and no body alterations.

I want to keep the late crest as well on the tender

I'm in the process of changing my 'Ince' to 7004 'Eastnor Castle' using etched plated from 247 Developements which I picked up at Warley. 7019 'Fowey Castle' is another alternative and was my preferred choice, but they didn't have the plates with them on the day.

Hope that helps ;)

I converted 'Ince' to 'Bristol' Castle, however no Castle conversion is straightforward, if you can get access to The Book o fhe Castle 4-6-0s and Portraits of Castles then you will have a good reference point to start with, the Great Western Archive online is also useful.

Portaits of Castles has a photo of every loco in the 1950's all taken by the author. Some cheap used copies here

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/9780903485890/Portraits-Castles-Western-Region-Castle-0903485893/plp

Mike Wiltshire

Archived