The St Albans Model Railway Exhibition 2012 - 14/15 January

adrianmc

• RMweb Gold

The ST ALBANS MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION 2012

showposter12.jpg

Organised by the Chiltern Model Railway Association (CMRA).

THE ALBAN ARENA

Civic Centre

St Albans

AL1 3ED

Saturday 14th January 2012

Sunday 15th January 2012

Open 10am till 6pm Saturday and 10am till 5pm Sunday

The 2012 St Albans Model Railway Exhibition will once again be featuring a selection of some of the best quality layouts around.

There will be full trade support as well as Demonstration & Engineering stands.

Full details of layouts and trade attending can be found on the Association's website at:

http://www.cmra.org.uk/stalbans.html

There are a few good layouts there this time according to the website. Its perpetrator is, I expect, too modest to mention it himself but if you see nothing else check out Potterbourne. The show does not clash with Leamington this time which will make life easier for some.

Chris

If the past few years are a guide parking will be free and necessary on the Sunday as Network Rail will be digging up the railway again. I've not checked this yet but will do as soon as I obtain the new FCC timetable pamphlet.

Chris

EDIT - I meant to say that parking is free on Sunday but not on Saturday, hence Horsetan's comment

There are a few good layouts there this time according to the website. Its perpetrator is, I expect, too modest to mention it himself but if you see nothing else check out Potterbourne. The show does not clash with Leamington this time which will make life easier for some.

Chris

Shhhhhhhhh you - Your making me blush again!

But yes, I shall be there with Potterbourne allong with Westerner (Alan) and Dave - Do come along and say hello, any questions and perhaps have a go with the controls . . .

• 2 weeks later...

You will find the Beast with Widnes, wherever that happens to be, and John Hall and Missy will be up on the balcony; Jon making pink ice cream and Missy demonstrating 2mm WITHOUT HAVING TO WEAR GLASSES! Me, on Sunday I have the glorious title of "Assistant Treasurer", which actually means I'm his gofer and so will be collecting expense claims etc. That is until 5pm, when my job title changes to "Barrier Control Officer", which means ensuring the same number of barriers leave on Sunday as arrived on Friday. And after five years, I know which curtains to look behind.

Bill

Archived