RMweb

Lincoln Central Station

arff999

HI Graham

A few bits going on building a signal mimic panel not sure when it will be finished needs a lot of work yet

Also I have started to build Pelham bridge and plan out the rest of the end board

Yes we are going to Newark for model rail live setting up on the Friday

Apart from that not a lot to report

JOHN

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just a quick update just to prove I've not been sat doing nothing over the last few weeks 

I`ve been busy finishing off some electrics on the underside of the boards also been building Pelham bridge, the end board roads and houses and sorting out weather to or not put in the track work for the Durham ox crossing I had sort of planned to just put in the old crossing point work but not have it working.

What do you all think ????.

Here are some pictures of what is the start of the main bridge it is quite a large item nearly 4 foot long  and a foot wide take a look and see what you think

JOHN

post-4624-0-29451200-1377116633.jpg

post-4624-0-86782500-1377116660.jpg

post-4624-0-10390000-1377116674.jpg

post-4624-0-59916800-1377116692.jpg

post-4624-0-85062600-1377116714.jpg

post-4624-0-55189600-1377116728.jpg

post-4624-0-52149500-1377116742.jpg

post-4624-0-12400000-1377116765.jpg

• Like 12

I was thinking about running it off scene both ends and have a DMU shuttling along it but due to the way the end board is the radius is way to tight to do this.

running it behind the back scene is not a problem though so we will have to see

JOHN

• Like 2

HI

After spending some time looking at the bridge I thought this does not look quite right but was unsure why, Then it jumped out at me I had made it to follow the angle of the end board but as it crosses a board joint it needed to be 90 degrees to the end one so I had to cut off the pointy bit to make it right,

I have also started to paint and weather it.

Have a look and see what you think its not finished yet but its a start.

post-4624-0-16212700-1377458315.jpg

post-4624-0-71644100-1377458337.jpg

post-4624-0-26280400-1377458359.jpg

post-4624-0-82166100-1377458373.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

• Like 4

Hi

Just finished the painting and weathering on the bridge project so I just need to refit the lights and connect and test should not take to long I hope,

Then its down to fitting to the boards and sorting out a fair bit of scenery.  

Had a rethink on the boards too not to happy with the position off the joints, but not a lot I can do about it, also I don't like the idea of having a range of buildings that have to be planted as such every time we set up ( I seem to think a large amount of repairs may be needed ) so I have decided to permanently join some board together thus making the buildings permanently fixed down.

so from Pelham bridge end we will have a 8 foot x 4 foot board then next a 4x4 then another 8x4 then lastly a 4x4 board they will have to have built trollies instead of joining them face to face,

I hope by doing this it will not only cut down set up time but also be better for the larger of the buildings and bridges and less handling too. 

we have also been doing some touch up work to the back scenes and some off the fitted structures and walls not sure if it will all be done by the time we got to model rail at Newark later this month but its always been going as a part complete layout (but I am sure some someone will have a moan about it either here or on another forum) but I guess you cant please everyone all of the time.

That's all for now

Regards

JOHN.

Edited by arff999

Looking forward to seeing some photos of the weathered bridge.

I love your use of colour and texture in your painting, it really gives the layout a lot of character. The greens especially give the feel of somewhere that it has rained quite a bit in the preceding weeks.

Hope I get to see it at an exhibition sometime. Thanks for sharing the photos and progress.

Jamie

Hi

Just finished the painting and weathering on the bridge project so I just need to refit the lights and connect and test should not take to long I hope,

Then its down to fitting to the boards and sorting out a fair bit of scenery.  

Had a rethink on the boards too not to happy with the position off the joints, but not a lot I can do about it, also I don't like the idea of having a range of buildings that have to be planted as such every time we set up ( I seem to think a large amount of repairs may be needed ) so I have decided to permanently join some board together thus making the buildings permanently fixed down.

so from Pelham bridge end we will have a 8 foot x 4 foot board then next a 4x4 then another 8x4 then lastly a 4x4 board they will have to have built trollies instead of joining them face to face,

I hope by doing this it will not only cut down set up time but also be better for the larger of the buildings and bridges and less handling too. 

we have also been doing some touch up work to the back scenes and some off the fitted structures and walls not sure if it will all be done by the time we got to model rail at Newark later this month but its always been going as a part complete layout (but I am sure some someone will have a moan about it either here or on another forum) but I guess you cant please everyone all of the time.

That's all for now

Regards

JOHN.

Have you any photographs of the area around Pelham Street before it was all torn down in the fifties and sixties?

I have a few in some old Lincoln books but I cant post them here there a copy write  issue with that but I can look out the books and let you have the titles

JOHN

That would be great-I have a few, if you are interested

• 3 weeks later...