Brassmasters

Ben Alder

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed that they have commisioned a run of some of the D&S kits, including the crane kit. It says it is a limited release, and to contact them for availability, but the price seems a lot more reasonable than what it is reaching on E Bay.

I think they are really concentrating on the GWR Cowen Sheldon cranes and will be doing a revamped version of the kit. Given the closeness of many of the different variants of the Cowens 15 ton cranes, I dare say it will be possible to reconvert it back to something more useful - the GSWR one was based at Wick for about a decade for the period you are interested in Richard.................

Look out at the end of the month for the first volume of my father's book on cranes. I have seen the proofs of this and it is very good and just what you would want if you are to make one.........

The book sounds useful- cranes are a rather neglected part of the R-T-R scene, and one or two should go down well, I would imagine- perhaps something for the retail commisioners. I actually have a D&S crane tucked away in the stockpile, hopefully to be attended to in the next year or two if I can avoid another Small Ben and Pickersgill.... EBay has been kind to me recently.

Archived