1.76 / 00 skeletal trailers

theenglishman1944

Chris,

The tractor is in Charles Gee livery I purchased three of these when they were cheap. I have since changed the era I am modelling so will be replacing them at some stage.

The blue colour dint stand out too much so never worried too much about changing the livery.

Gary

Chris,

The tractor is in Charles Gee livery I purchased three of these when they were cheap. I have since changed the era I am modelling so will be replacing them at some stage.

The blue colour dint stand out too much so never worried too much about changing the livery.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks, I also have one of these, I have a thing for Mercedes tractor units, I just wish Oxford Diecast were producing them now that Corgi have stopped.

Kind regards

Chris

When I purchased the tractor units I was operating my railway in either current day or the early 90's.

I changed the running stock and the road vehicles to change the period.

I have tended to concentrate on the early 90's and am struggling to get trucks which match this era, I have a few of the Base Toys Leyland T45's but getting anything else in RTR form is not easy.

Here's my converted Oxford DTec trailer:

Cheers, Chris.

Chris.

I see you have carried out more major surgery on your trailer, I will have to review my trailers.

With the skeletal trailers I have noticed that they don’t appear to have the suspended barriers along the sides between the tractor and the first trailer axle.

Gary

• RMweb Premium

Chris.

I see you have carried out more major surgery on your trailer, I will have to review my trailers.

With the skeletal trailers I have noticed that they don’t appear to have the suspended barriers along the sides between the tractor and the first trailer axle.

Gary

They are probably telescopic trailers. The rigid trailers have to have them by law. It might be possible to make a telescopic trailer using bits from the Oxford low loader.

Hi the law on sideguards has now changed and even sliding skeletal trailer have to be fitted on new builds, please see picture the sideguard is the small rail section next to landing legs.

Those side guards look ridiculous, barmy to have all off 2' of steel and an 8' gap!

Those side guards look ridiculous, barmy to have all off 2' of steel and an 8' gap!

Yes, but you have to remember that its a sliding trailer so when it is set up to carry a 20ft container it does meet all the dimension requirement for side guards

Archived