Hattons Tradenet

38c

I have joined the above set up which seems to be run by Pay-pal for a 14% fee but I cannot work out how .you list some thing and being as it is run by androids I can't speak to anyone,

Regards Dave

I think its a bit like a classifieds section of there website im guessing you list it someone buys it and you either get emailed by it? Just an idea

I have joined the above set up which seems to be run by Pay-pal for a 14% fee but I cannot work out how .you list some thing and being as it is run by androids I can't speak to anyone,

Regards Dave

Have you a link to a website Dave? I've not heard of it before and can't find anything about it on the hattons website.

Dear Bob

The web site is WWW.eHattons.com/Trade/ Ive now learnt a bit more and I think it will be a sucess in 12 months time. Im surprised Hattons can be bothered with it just before xmas.

Regards Dave

• RMweb Gold

It seems quite a good idea, particually given how Ebay appears to be heading.

However there were a couple of concerns from the quick look I just had, firstly in that it appears to rely on the store images to show off each product (along with a number system to describe condition) which sounds rather open to abuse.

Couldnt see any infomation on fees charged (the link describing their transparent fee policy was blank...)

and probably the biggest complaint is that 99% of whats on there is the stores new offering, which makes finding the 2nd hand a bit more difficult.

Looks rather like they are trying to copy the Amazon marketplace format, but didnt quite get it right. Given that Hattons search system is pretty much a waste of space as it is (search for Class 47 and you get a huge list of stuff to wade through before you get to Class 47s) it does sound like it might be rather user unfriendly.

That said, with a couple of improvements (for a start go with a clear identification which is the store stock, and implement a search system which actually works) it could be quite a useful resource

Archived