The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

New Sherlock Holmes film

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

No modelling today - just come back from seeing the new Sherlock Holmes film

Unless I am very much mistaken recognised Severn Valley Railway, Didcot and PS Waverley

Nice to see film industry supporting our transport heritage - although much CG added

Mrs B and I really enjoyed the film - thoroughly recommended

Phil

Yes, great fun! Saw it in Cambridge on Friday. The station scenes were well done I thought. Makes no claims to be other than what it is, an affecionate pastiche, which I'm sure ACD himself would have enjoyed!

• RMweb Gold

I saw it last Friday, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was rather impressed by all the CGI bits, especially, although the only thing that jarred was that the explosion that severed the train (yes, it's really 'action packed!'...) on the move didn't automatically cause the brakes to apply.....

Edit - I also thought that - as they were doing most of the aerial running sequences with CGI, that they could at least have depicted a double track main line, rather than a single track....!!

Saw it Saturday. Yes Didcot was mentioned in the credits. I too thought it was the Waverley. I thought as they ran through the sheds that it was Didcot. Then you saw the coaling stage, then there was a shot from the coaling stage with added CGI.

I also thought about the train continuing after it had been split in two

Good film. Recommended.

Archived