The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

£13m in three years - metal theft figures

Coombe Barton

• RMweb Premium

I can't see what the value is in nicking fibre optic cable unless it has steel sheathing to protect the fibres.

What ever else one or two of them should be strung up as a deterrent or their heads chopped off and stuck in poles at the most prolific sites :diablo_mini:

Cheers SS

• RMweb Gold

What ever else one or two of them should be strung up as a deterrent or their heads chopped off and stuck in poles at the most prolific sites :diablo_mini:

Or pehaps wire perpetrators into 25kv catenary. I wonder if the RSSB has done any studies into the conductivity of evil scrotes?

On a more serious note, let us hope the even the most wettest of politicians will now realise that strong action needs to be taken - and soon.

There were some figures in the press recently which seemed to indicate that 0.1% of these scumbags succeed in doing for themselves in the process of cutting into various high voltage conductors etc. Perhaps we should sit back and hop that the rate rises to at least 10% in the (near) future?

Hopefully , but then it will be the rail industry's fault of course , even though the cables were buried underground or in troughing , and with clear warning signs everywhere....I'm sure the do-gooders who seem content to sit on their hands while this shambles continues will have been caught up in the horrendous disruption caused by such actions. I'm sure if a few MPs were affected then the law would soon be toughened to deal with the issues.

• RMweb Gold

There were some figures in the press recently which seemed to indicate that 0.1% of these scumbags succeed in doing for themselves in the process of cutting into various high voltage conductors etc. Perhaps we should sit back and hop that the rate rises to at least 10% in the (near) future?

Trouble is, some unfortunate people will still have to clean up the mess and assuming said scrotes are not killed outright, that's a waste of scarce NHS burns unit resources.

The answer seems to be making the disposal of scrap metal much more regulated but even that will have its loopholes.

Mark.

Archived