M and L Great Bear

• RMweb Premium

I bought this 4mm kit on Ebay and I am having trouble putting the tender bogies together. Has anyone got the instructions for this kit that I can beg, borrow or steal?

Thanks,

elgin

Hi

A mate of mine built a Great Bear kit a couple of years ago - I'll give him a call and get back to you. I'm not sure if it's a M&L kit, but you never know!

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps it's a long shot, but: I believe Alan Gibson took over the M&L range and marketed improved versions for a few years. I don't think they produce it anymore, but the new owner of AG may still have the instructions somewhere, if you ask nicely (and maybe offer to buy a few items as thanks?). http://www.alangibsonworkshop.com/

Thanks, Colin. I would be grateful. It is not a difficult model and the best bit was that it came with no less than 6 pairs of AG driving wheels and 14 pairs of tender/bogie wheels!!! I have decided to bush all the pivots since some of the castings leave a lot to be desired.

Thanks also to Mikkel. I will contact Colin Seymour.

elgin

Hi

A mate of mine built a Great Bear kit a couple of years ago - I'll give him a call and get back to you. I'm not sure if it's a M&L kit, but you never know!

M&L were the only concern I know who were brave enough to produce The Great Bear as a 4mm scale kit, and much of their stuff passed on (via the long-gone Chris Crawley Models empire) to Alan Gibson as mentioned above.

The only other 4mm scale Great Bear that I know of is the one that the late Guy Williams built for himself.

Archived