Egham & Staines MRS Exhibition, 28th January 2012

KingsCrossSuburban

The Egham & Staines Model Railway Club will be holding their bienniel Model Railway Exhibition at Manorcroft School, Wesley Drive, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9LX on Sat 28th January 2012

OPENING TIMES: 10.30am - 5.30pm

ADMISSION: Adults £4.00 Concessions £3.00 Children £2.50 Family £10.00

Below is a list of layouts and traders that I believe will be attending, but it may be subject to change.

Layouts

Carling Lake, HO

E&SMRS club layout. Canadian outline logging line with working train barge.

Hummer Road, OO

E&SMRS club layout. British outline modern image, recently updated with the addition of a four platform through-station.

Bridge 44, N

E&SMRS club layout. British outline set on the S&D in the Late 50’s / early 60’s.

Colnebourne, OO

E&SMRS club layout. British outline finescale layout under construction. See the underside of a baseboard and all the new innovations involved.

Tennbridge Vale, TT

E&SMRS club layout. British outline with lots of detail to enjoy including accidents, hot air balloon, working signals and level crossing gates.

Simply Narrow Gauge, On30

US outline by E&SMRS member Keith Willows. Three dioramas and a fiddle yard in 6 feet round

Greenfield Sidings, OO

Farnham & District MRC club layout. A small town station with a junction, somewhere in the south of England. A large variety of rolling stock from all regions of BR can be seen.

Trumpers Halt, G Scale / Gauge 1

81c Model Railway Club, Stanwell. A garden style railway, with a mixture of live steam and electric operation. Inspired by the area of the same name near Southall in West London on the Brentford branch line.

Tor Halt, 16mm/32mm

A live steam layout using remote radio control by Mike Pearce, Paul Abbott & Bill Lupton based in Salisbury. Tor Halt is an imaginary 2 foot gauge railway, set somewhere in Southern Railway territory in Cornwall.

SE28, OO

Basingstoke & District MRC finescale club layout set on BR Southern Region with a mixture of EMU, DMU and loco-hauled trains. The main line runs on a viaduct and promises a frequent service.

Northwick, OO

Twickenham & District MRC finescale club layout. Located somewhere near Bristol on the S&D, the layout depicts a summer Saturday, with trains bustling to and fro, bringing in holiday makers and freight from all over the country.

Hythe RH&DR, 1mm to the Inch

Layout by Graham Lindley. This unusual scale is used on this unusual model of Hythe station as it appeared in the 1950’s. A highly detailed model and equally well observed and realised depiction of the beautiful RH&DR locos and rolling stock. Even the owner's Rolls Royce locomotive makes an appearance.

Lazy River, HO

A US outline layout by Giles Barnabe.

Clatterford, EM

East Ham (London) MRC club layout, based loosely on the former GE Station at Dunmow in Essex. Set in early BR days. A single track through branch line station with a fiddle yard at each end.

Thomas’ Junction, OO

Richard Pretious' famous layout shows Thomas and Friends and is much loved by children of all ages.

Three Pagodas Pass, N

Layout by Graham Weller. Based on the Burma-Siam Railway, built by POWs during WW2 and made famous by the film 'Bridge on the River Kwai'. Operations depict current practice with diesel hauled freight services and steam powered tourist trains. Construction of the layout is somewhat unusual in that it is built using sheets of extruded Styrofoam instead of timber.

Live Steam, 7 ¼ Inch Gauge

Train rides provided by members of the Great Cockrow Railway. Outside in the Netball Court (A modest fee per ride applies)

Traders

Addlestone Models - Models in all gauges

Squires Tools

Junction 10 Merchandising - Caps, badges, etc.

West Surrey Preservation Group - A mixture of second hand memorabilia.

Geoff Burch - Memoirs in his book about his life on the footplate during the end of steam at Guildford engine shed.

Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway sales stand

Mid Hants Railway sales stand

Pat Eeles – Second hand model railway equipment

Barry Jones – Second hand books and models

RCTS stand

Pendon Museum stand

E&SMRS sales stand and prize draw table

Demonstration

Tony (Rocker) Moreton - Kit building display and advice

• 3 weeks later...

The big day is nearly here !! As far as I'm aware, the line-up is pretty much as listed in my earlier post. I think the only changes are that Thomas' Junction had to drop out and the Mid Hants Railway sales stand has been replaced by one from the Great Cockrow Railway.

Looking forward to a good show and hopefully plenty of visitors. :)

Lord Leigh of Barnwell operating Fraser Mills a couple of hours ago......

post-6681-0-19722100-1327768708_thumb.jpg

Is Chris Leigh saying - "Don't forget to Photoshop this photo before posting it on RMWeb, or else I will press this button Mr Nevard!" :lol:

It was a very enjoyable Show and it was nice to meet up with some old friends

XF

Any more photos or video clips anyone? Unfortunately I was only able to attend until lunchtime. Early doors I was helping the good ladies of the catering department and then had a stint on car park duty. I had a quick look round before leaving but didn't see everything,and didn't manage to take any photos.

Many Thanks.

First time visitor to the show and I was really impressed as I do not usually visit one day shows. There was a good range of layouts and i particularly enjoyed Simply Narrow Gauge. I will post some pictures shortly but did manage to find this one deep in the archives. :P

post-8259-0-73441700-1328047030_thumb.jpg

Any more photos or video clips anyone? Unfortunately I was only able to attend until lunchtime. Early doors I was helping the good ladies of the catering department and then had a stint on car park duty. I had a quick look round before leaving but didn't see everything,and didn't manage to take any photos.

Many Thanks.

Some exhibition photos are now available on my site:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/steves-travels/sets/72157627183910256/

and on Alan Bostock's site:- http://www.photoeyes.biz

The Egham & Staines Model Railway Club will be holding their bienniel Model Railway Exhibition at Manorcroft School, Wesley Drive, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9LX on Sat 28th January 2012

OPENING TIMES: 10.30am - 5.30pm

ADMISSION: Adults £4.00 Concessions £3.00 Children £2.50 Family £10.00

Below is a list of layouts and traders that I believe will be attending, but it may be subject to change.

Layouts

Carling Lake, HO

E&SMRS club layout. Canadian outline logging line with working train barge.

Hummer Road, OO

E&SMRS club layout. British outline modern image, recently updated with the addition of a four platform through-station.

Bridge 44, N

E&SMRS club layout. British outline set on the S&D in the Late 50’s / early 60’s.

Colnebourne, OO

E&SMRS club layout. British outline finescale layout under construction. See the underside of a baseboard and all the new innovations involved.

Tennbridge Vale, TT

E&SMRS club layout. British outline with lots of detail to enjoy including accidents, hot air balloon, working signals and level crossing gates.

Simply Narrow Gauge, On30

US outline by E&SMRS member Keith Willows. Three dioramas and a fiddle yard in 6 feet round

Greenfield Sidings, OO

Farnham & District MRC club layout. A small town station with a junction, somewhere in the south of England. A large variety of rolling stock from all regions of BR can be seen.

Trumpers Halt, G Scale / Gauge 1

81c Model Railway Club, Stanwell. A garden style railway, with a mixture of live steam and electric operation. Inspired by the area of the same name near Southall in West London on the Brentford branch line.

Tor Halt, 16mm/32mm

A live steam layout using remote radio control by Mike Pearce, Paul Abbott & Bill Lupton based in Salisbury. Tor Halt is an imaginary 2 foot gauge railway, set somewhere in Southern Railway territory in Cornwall.

SE28, OO

Basingstoke & District MRC finescale club layout set on BR Southern Region with a mixture of EMU, DMU and loco-hauled trains. The main line runs on a viaduct and promises a frequent service.

Northwick, OO

Twickenham & District MRC finescale club layout. Located somewhere near Bristol on the S&D, the layout depicts a summer Saturday, with trains bustling to and fro, bringing in holiday makers and freight from all over the country.

Hythe RH&DR, 1mm to the Inch

Layout by Graham Lindley. This unusual scale is used on this unusual model of Hythe station as it appeared in the 1950’s. A highly detailed model and equally well observed and realised depiction of the beautiful RH&DR locos and rolling stock. Even the owner's Rolls Royce locomotive makes an appearance.

Lazy River, HO

A US outline layout by Giles Barnabe.

Clatterford, EM

East Ham (London) MRC club layout, based loosely on the former GE Station at Dunmow in Essex. Set in early BR days. A single track through branch line station with a fiddle yard at each end.

Thomas’ Junction, OO

Richard Pretious' famous layout shows Thomas and Friends and is much loved by children of all ages.

Three Pagodas Pass, N

Layout by Graham Weller. Based on the Burma-Siam Railway, built by POWs during WW2 and made famous by the film 'Bridge on the River Kwai'. Operations depict current practice with diesel hauled freight services and steam powered tourist trains. Construction of the layout is somewhat unusual in that it is built using sheets of extruded Styrofoam instead of timber.

Live Steam, 7 ¼ Inch Gauge

Train rides provided by members of the Great Cockrow Railway. Outside in the Netball Court (A modest fee per ride applies)

Traders

Addlestone Models - Models in all gauges

Squires Tools

Junction 10 Merchandising - Caps, badges, etc.

West Surrey Preservation Group - A mixture of second hand memorabilia.

Geoff Burch - Memoirs in his book about his life on the footplate during the end of steam at Guildford engine shed.

Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway sales stand

Mid Hants Railway sales stand

Pat Eeles – Second hand model railway equipment

Barry Jones – Second hand books and models

RCTS stand

Pendon Museum stand

E&SMRS sales stand and prize draw table

Demonstration

Tony (Rocker) Moreton - Kit building display and advice

The Egham & Staines Model Railway Society's web site is now at http://www.esmrs.co.uk (NB still under construction!)

Archived