Layout / Track Plan - advice (newbie!)

McC

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ray,

Was tempted, but ended up finding a fellow modeller planning a code100 insulfrog layout :)

To 'play it safe' (as it's a big investment) I'm ordering up all new Peco code 75 track, points and slips.

I actually receuved the first boards today, so in a few weeks once the benchwork for the terminus is done I'll hopefully start up a layout thread and continue the adventure!

Thanks so much for all the invaluable advice and help so far!!!

If you are tempted to use up your existing stock of track remember that very old Peco points were made to accommodate Triang wheels and that the curved points in particular are not suited to the latest Bachmann products. I forget when Peco standards changed but it probably coincided with the introduction of their Code 75 products.

Regards Ray

If there has been a change in the design of PECO points, it's been more recent than that. The layout in my father's loft has a lot of Triang stuff on it and most will negotiate PECO points, admittedly with some complaining for the older wagons.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks again for all the help. Am making progress with the boards now, so will likely mosey over to a layout thread in time :)

web.jpg?ver=13275047370001

web.jpg?ver=13275047610001

I want to wait until I get the track layout down and suss where the motors and wiring will need to go before I brace the boards and level them better :)

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ray,

Getting stuck in to the terminus boards, and yard, which are all on the level :)

Can gradually grow out from there as time and funds allow :)

Thanks again for all the advice to date!!

Stephen

Archived