Oxford Diecast Combi trailer spine trailer

gridwatcher

The new combi trailer wagon from Oxford diecast MAN tractor and combi trailer is a beauty. Odd trailer that can be truck and trailer or long spine trailer depending on how you configure it is superb (and authentic) there was one in a yard in Stirling last week where a club member works. I can see them being adapted and spring up all over the place in intermodal yards on layouts. A must buy!! Several versions are due in the next few weeks. See here http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/2182_1_106415609.html

• 2 months later...

HI All

I managed to get one of these combi trailers and very nice it is to.

I tried some of my C Rail containers on it and they do fit , although you might need to open up the holes slightly as the pins are a little chunky.

Other than a matt varnish and a weather it looks great.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-48015700-1334320306_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-67789800-1334320319_thumb.jpg

HI All

The trailer i would say is set up for two 20ft containers because the 40ft should sitdown into the swans neck but i dont think its set up for that.

so some chopping around would be required for it to sit down where it should.

Regards Arran

• RMweb Premium

A word of warning, one of the model railway magazines suggested using one of the screws used for securing the model to its base for fixing the two trailer halves together. Do not do this as this will distort the trailers. I tried it, fortunately I was able to remedy the situation but it meant dismantling the fore part to straighten it and gluing the parts back together again.

Archived