Trix/Lilliput

I keep seeing Trix A2 on sale on eBay and wonder if they run on modern Peco/Hornby track?

The wheel flanges look large to me which puts me off becouse my old Triang/Hornby Flying Scotsman bounces about on the points on my new layout.

My Trix A3 runs fine on Code 75 track. I' ve no doubt they used the same wheels on the A2.

The problem with your Triang-Hornby loco on points is more likely to be incorrect back-to-back wheel spacing than flange depth.

They will run on the track if they can run. The motor and drive used in these was rather crude. I have an ancient A4 somewhere that still works but the H&S brigade would demand that you wear ear defenders if you wanted to run it. AFAIK some locos from this period are built to rather an odd scale, although I think the A4 is better in this respect than the A2. Certainly a case of try before you buy.

Bernard

I have a trix A2 nice engine I got it for Christmas 1972, the original motor etc packed in years ago, it now sits on a djh chassis with portescap motor.I think the price you would pay for one these days, I would rather get a new Bachmann product. They do look nice!!

It's worth remember that the Trix scale is not 4mm but 3.8mm - ft !

XF

Not all of them. The A4 certainly wasn't as Bachmann used the body as the basis of their model and I don't think the A2 and A3 were either. The class 81 was 4mm also.

Archived