expoEM 2012

Gee Vee

expoEM 2012 will once again be at Bracknell this year on 19-20 May.

We are delighted this year to welcome Maggie and Gordon Gravett with their much acclaimed Pempoul as the guest layout. Interesting in that it combines EM track with a scale of 1:50. This will be supplemented by a demonstration by the Chippenham Area Group on use of 18.2 track in scales other than 4mm.

We also have some other brand new features at expo2012 - more of which in the weeks ahead.

Layouts that will attend are:

Stoke by Nayfield, the new P4 layout from Dave Hawkins

Kielder Forest, built by the NE Area group

Portskerra, Scottish Highlands by Tim Tincknell

Foxup built by the late Mike Hensbury and featuring the Midland pre grouping

Clutton, Tim Venton’s popular GWR representation

Foundry Lane, Mark Forrest’s blue diesels in the West Midlands

Ashbury Brook, Clive Abbott’s representation of ex-LSWR in 1930s

St Minion, Cornish china clay from the East Riding Finescale Group

Milton Quays by the Milton Keynes Model Railway Society

Upton, Dave Griffins LMS representation

And Church Warsop by Tony Gee and Ken Hill - well expoEM wouldn't be complete without them!

So get 19-20 May 2012 in your diary now and watch out for some more announcements in the coming weeks!

Check out www.emgs.org for more about the EM Gauge Society.

Graeme Vickery

expoEM Exhbition Manager

Any list of the most important thing - traders in attendance?

Sure, there are some interesting layouts there - and importantly some new ones - but for me the trade is the essential component.

It will be the usual suspects. Will post once the remaining laggards have confirmed they are coming!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Members should now be getting their latest EMGS Newsletter now with its one-page ExpoEM 2012 preview.

You'll see a new feature this year is a workshop being led by Roy Jackson and John McCrea on buildingtgurnouts the Retford way - cant be many people that have built more track than Roy and his chums!!!!!

The workshop is only open to EMGS members at the moment - joining details in the Newsletter but if we have any spare spaces I'll offer them to RMWebbers so watch this space!!!!!

Graeme Vickery

ExpoEM Exhibition Manager

• 3 weeks later...

traders all confirmed, demonstrators all confirmed. I'll post details next week. getting set for the emgs AGM/members day tomorrow at the moment....

Had one layout that has had to withdraw - Foundary Lane. If anyone out there is interested in filling in drop me a message. (or indeed is interested in bringing their layout to a future expoEM).

Also Roy Jackson and John McCrea are running a track building workshop - I am giving preference to members at the moment(member - see EMGS latest Newsletter) but will extend the invite to RM Webbers next month assuming spaces are available. But if you are not a member and would like to express an interest in getting a place drop me a message here or to expoem@emgs.org and i'll let you know as soon as places go on "general sale".

• 1 month later...

expoEM is creaping up on me fast.... Members should get their mailing with the programme next week and I am hoping to get it onto www.emgs.org by end of this week.

I do have some places that I can offer to those RM Webbers interested in joining Roy Jackson's track building workshop - will be entertaining as well as informative. drop an email to me at expoem@emgs.org if you'd like a place. Cost is £20.00 which includes all materials including a pre-formed crossing V, and a mounted reusable template (for use in making remainder of your points for your layout!!!!!). Participants are required to bring their own tools. Happy to provide more info off line.

Also this year we are presenting a trophy for the most authentically operated layout that has been kindly donated by the family of the late Rev Peter Denny. I am delighted to announce that Bob Essery has agreed to be a judge and he will also be running a lecture on the subject on Saturday and a clinic on Sunday.

So get 19/20 into ya diary/calendar/ipod or whatever...

Graeme Vickery

expoEM Manager

Good to see Graham, though the picture on the front of the programme looks, not like Clutton, but Ynysybwl of the Cardiff 4mm Group. Both very fine layouts, but not quite the same!

Adam

Although not shown in the list of traders on the EMGS website, London Road Models will be at the show, with news of several forthcoming loco and carriage kits for the discerning modeller.

If you model in 4mm, then this show is definitely one you should try to get to.

Jol

Good to see Graham, though the picture on the front of the programme looks, not like Clutton, but Ynysybwl of the Cardiff 4mm Group. Both very fine layouts, but not quite the same!

Adam

congratulations for spotting the mistake. The culprit has been hung drawn and quartered. With apologies to tim and those in the Cardiff group.

Graeme

If you model in 4mm, then this show is definitely one you should try to get to.

That is definitely true. It might say EM on the tin but there will be much there to appeal to anyone who models in OO/EM/P4 and quite a few who probably cannot spot the difference. It is also a great show to gain access to some of the best traders.

well just back from the leisure centre at Bracknell and it is still there!!!! With all this rain no chance travelling to the show being threatened by forest fires this year.

they have improved the wifi in the hall so you'll all be able to post on to RM web whilst ya there!!!!

Now for those that like me need to balance family stuff and model railway stuff it is worth noting that within a mile of the Leisure Centre is Coral Reef. Its a fantastic fun pool, slides, water jets and all that nonsense that kids love - So its a match made in heaven if you've got kids or grandchildren that are into all that but for some unexplained reason dont show an interest in finescale railway modelling....

See you all there

Graeme

I'm looking forward to it - first trip to ExpoEM. I'll be there on the DEMU stand on the Saturday with a rare (for me!) 4mm project.

I'm hoping it will be something industrial-related. Either that or a super-train?

:danced:

Lots of scurying around this weekend. Reget that Portskerra is now unable to come due to unforseen circumstances but am delighted that Paul Egleton has agreed to bring Addiston South at a week's notice. What a superstar.

Am checking out the score with Blacksmiths and thanks to combe Barton for website notice.

Graeme

Archived