Where Can I get Spare Parts for early Hornby Triang Locomotives?

Hello,

I'm currently searching/enquiring about spare parts for early Hornby Triang Locomotives. I'm personally looking for Cylinders and connecting rods/guide bars for an old (1972) Hornby R759 Albert Hall 4-6-0, and also cylinders for a Hornby Triang R59 Class 3MT 2-6-2T, circa 1956-59. I have contacted shops in Australia and UK as well as some good old friends who refurbish locos, but have gotten nowhere.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all,

Gary.

They're not as cheap and plentiful as in the past, but I've found them on eBay in the past. You need to ensure you have the right version, as R59 chassis come in several varieties. 56-59 will be the version with the solid spokes.

I believe the service sheets are on the Hornby website.

• RMweb Gold

It's not so bad with the R59 cylinder block IMHO, there were only ever two versions, one with a hole in the middle (X.426) to take a smoke unit and one without (x.61). The 2-6-2 never had a chassis where the cylinder block fitted from below like the later Princesses with the cast chassis.

I suggest that you contact East Kent Models. Ask fore their Spares Lists. They will send you 3 lists in PDF form which you can download and print out.

The lists are:

a. Hornby China Production Spares.

b. Triang, Triang-Hornby and Hornby Margate Production Spares

c. Spares and Items of use to the Modeller including Bachmann,Vi Trains,Lima, Dapol and others.

I have no connection with East Kent other than being a satisfied customer.

gresley

I believe the service sheets are on the Hornby website.

Not Tri-ang ones though,the service sheets on Hornby's website are for the current production product only.

Would recommend,as previously mentioned,both Dave Wills and East Kent Models.

The Tri-ang ones are there too (at least some of them). There are 4 for R59. This is probably the relevant one.

http://www.hornbygui...asp?sheetid=161

A useful link,but it isn't an actual Hornby website,as they mention on their homepage ..-"Hornby Railways is a trademark of Hornby Hobbies Ltd. which does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site".

Thankyou to all who responded to my question. I have found the parts for the R759 Albert Hall. Now to locate cylinders for R59, part no. x.61...!!

Cheers, Gary.

Hi Gary,

I may be able to help you, I will have a look through my stock of pre 1974 spares and get back to you.

regards

Ray kinsella

Hi Gary,

I may be able to help you, I will have a look through my stock of pre 1974 spares and get back to you.

regards

Ray kinsella

Thanks for looking. I managed to pick some spares up from East Kent Models (UK), late last night. Cheers to DS239 & Gresley for the contact. If anyone in Australia is looking for early Triang Hornby spares, East Kent Models no. is ; 0011 44 1227 77 0777.

Thanks to all.

Gary.

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Help

Many years ago I purchased a 0.16.5 narrow loco kit that used a Hornby Toby chassis which I purchased at the same time.

Like many kits started but not completed but the Toby chassis has become damaged beyond repair.

So has any one got one lying about in there junk box or the now grown up kids toy box that they are will to sell so I can complete the kit I started many years back..

Please PM me if you can help

Regards

Eltel (Terry)

Archived