Positive messages from Bachmann

Andy Y

HI

I read the blurb in the mags on new loco, but take it with a pinch of salt, Here is where i look on what you are saying about this model.

As it is here is where the real facts come out about what's it like ,how it runs ,is it good value.

The mags are never going to give a bad revaue of a model , it's their bead and butter.

Just shows how little you know.

CHRIS LEIGH

As regards the saying "We never had it so good", it is merely a statement of fact that is easily verified by looking at copies of model railway magazines from 10 years ago. I don't think anyone intends it to mean we should be eternally grateful and accept models that are clearly wrong. Ah, thats better....Got that of me chest. :happy_mini:

Guest Max Stafford

No, you're confusing it with. "I can't put my finger on it, but there's something just not right, etc..."

Dave. :blum:

:rofl:

I think its about time we got this accepted as the modelling equivalent of 'Godwins Law'

In the case of the Clayton that isn't true. As far as running goes if a product works well when tested the mag team won't report a problem if they didn't find one. IIRC one of the mags noted their Cl17 didn't run very well, but at the time the size of the issue wasn't known. Hornby Mag subsequently printed a two pager by me on how to replace the Cl17 chassis when the replacements came available.

Yes thanks for that article it was very useful when I had to replace my chassis, although I still lost one of these infernal sprung buffers! If I remember correctly the article was around the time replacement chassis were becoming available, some 9 months - 1 year after the initial problem. I think you are also correct in that one magazine did refer to some running issues, but it was only a passing comment. There was no reference when the scale of the problem was known. What is often forgotten is that there are people out there who aren't members of forums and do depend on magazines for information. They would have been sadly let down by the general lack of information on issues with the VEP or Clayton, which was my general point.

There was no reference when the scale of the problem was known. What is often forgotten is that there are people out there who aren't members of forums and do depend on magazines for information. They would have been sadly let down by the general lack of information on issues with the VEP or Clayton, which was my general point.

This is a fair point I think (though out of context here) - taking the analogy of car mags (which I know isnt strictly comparable), this sort of stuff is pretty much a stock-in trade.

Archived