Pocketbond Classix 2012 - 00 & 0

dinkyme

Hi all just been looking at Pocketbond 2012/13 catalogue and have notice they are going to release the following in 00 gauge Austin Morris J4 van & camper conversions, no colour pictures of livery version but they do mention that these vehicles were used by Post Office and police forces.

Also they will be doing the Austin K8 with a Kenex Coachwork 12 seater coach body.

The other new vehicle shown in catalogue are in 0 gauge, these are Austin FX3 taxi & Austin A40.

Hooray ,J4 a popular little van in its day ,a 60's staple , hundreds with Post Office , surprised it hasn't being released before . Their's been a 1.43 one available in Spain for years , very nice it is too.

post-3430-0-10220800-1327931313.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picking up on John's previous post, is there in fact any news on Pocketbond at all? - AFAIK their last set of releases was in October 2011 - have they been forced out of the market by the huge number of releases by Oxford Diecast? - I'd be really sorry to see Pocketbond decline as most of their releases were of a high quality.

David

• RMweb Premium

They still advertise in the model collector press. Some of Oxford's models are a long time coming, often more than a year after the announcement, it is possibly due to manufacturing delays in China rather than anything else.

Indeed, it would be good to see some more releases from them, their cars are often the best versions of the prototypes (particularly the minor which is a beauty compared to the Corgi and Oxford offerings). It's just a shame they seem to have slipped a little of late.

The Vauxhall 10 is indeed superb. Pocketbond also seem (in my opinion) to get the wheels to look much more realistic than some of Oxford Diecast's releases, which although on the whole good, do throw up some wheels which look bizarre - the recent 2CV is one example of this.

Fingers crossed that they do get back on track.

David

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all just been looking at Pocketbond 2012/13 catalogue and have notice they are going to release the following in 00 gauge Austin Morris J4 van & camper conversions, no colour pictures of livery version but they do mention that these vehicles were used by Post Office and police forces.

Also they will be doing the Austin K8 with a Kenex Coachwork 12 seater coach body.

The other new vehicle shown in catalogue are in 0 gauge, these are Austin FX3 taxi & Austin A40.

Hi there,

"Back in the day" my Dad worked for Kenex Coachworks in Ashford, Kent. I was too young to remember anything about it - all I have is a 'photo of him on a works outing!

Ted

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Someone asked the same question recently in a diecasts collectors magazine.  They in turn asked Pocketbond who confirmed that the series will continue including the new models already announced, however they could give no firm dates as to when. 

Archived