ABC Motor's

Hi l need to power my 7mm bullied pacific, l have tried a Mashima 1830, with an awful fold up gear box, but's it's not good enough, l have heard ABC do motor's and they just fit in with no messing about, has anyone fitted one of these to their locomotive's ??

Hi l need to power my 7mm bullied pacific, l have tried a Mashima 1830, with an awful fold up gear box, but's it's not good enough, l have heard ABC do motor's and they just fit in with no messing about, has anyone fitted one of these to their locomotive's ??

They do a range of motors and pre assembled gearboxes, about as close to plug and play as you can get!

I used a Canon motor (I prefer Canon to Mashima) and a 7E gear box for my MMP 08, and it's excellant.

They do a huge range of stuff, but their website is quite good, I suggest downloading the catalogues etc and looking through as they explain clearly what everything is for to help you make an informed choice.

http://www.abcgears.co.uk/

To add to the recommendations, we started with Mashima and fold-up gearbox for out first 7mm tank - ok it works, could be better. A good friend took pity and lent an ABC Maxxon with double reduction / ball bearing gearbox for our Pannier tank and the difference in control and sound level was beyond belief. The initial Mashima is the only example of its kind, all since have been ABC. As for a diesel, my son is building a JLTRT Class 37 - no hesitation here, two ABC motor bogies will power this tamed beast rather than the can/fold-up/delrin suggested in the instructions.

Recommended - check the times during which the telephone is answered and then ring Brian.

regards, Graham Beare

• RMweb Gold

Brian of ABC is most helpful and can do specials such as the one in my Cambrian 4-4-0 which Chris Basten organised to keep the gearwheel below the footplate (had to drive on the rear axle due to the cranks and eccentrics on the front one). Also wanting a small motor to fit another loco with a bit more power Brian suggested a small Maxon motor.

Archived