Liverpool Overhead liveries

I think I'm safe to say that LOHR doesn't feature in the Dapol catalogue.

I do have a dear love for the M.S.W. though, so who knows where that's concerned?

I quite fancy some 76's & 77's though :-)

Cheers Dave

Hi Michael,

I quite fancy an 8 ft section of the liver building, overhead running behind it, steam on the track underneath and working trams on the road behind. All seen from the Mersey.

Mind you I'd need someone to build the Liver building and the church for me as I am rubbish at doing them.

Maybe one for the LOHR museum eh? Lol

Cheers

Dave

always fancied that myself, could have it as an oval running behind the backscene, other problem is the trams running across

yeah no need for points, just an oval and they line up behind each other.

club layout which Chris Hewitt is building is 20ft long I think(maybe 25) x 4ft, track is all built and down, will feature running trams, faller vehicles, md&hb locos and overhead :)

will get some pics next time im down, we're slowly soldering all the overhead sections too.

the roofs are a bit of a minefield.

2 styles different from the Judith Edge roof.

the unit in the middle having curved gutters, the one on the right seems to have the earlier style of roof as the wooden bodies units...

the destination blinds are a different size too.

5433448903_78fda9527b_b.jpg

Liverpool Overhead Railway - Seaforth Sands (1) by ronramstew, on Flickr

I think the glass was bolted to the outside and can give an illusion, Im planning on putting the glazing on the front of mine with very fine plastic,masking the glazing leaving just the outer edge painted.

when I find out what colour they where painted that is :) .

• RMweb Premium

they are fine Mike, if anything they are a little wider but can be easily sanded down, however when I put the plastic scrips on and if I do on the sides it makes the roof fit better.

noticed on your wooden set, a long tank (?)on one side underneath, did they all have that?

im thinking of putting the black beetle in the centre car, so I dont have to lose the door partitions (in the centre car the beetle would miss them) and its a bit more even running back and forth

All cars had an air reservoir but it isn't always readily visible, for the new set I had some detailed drawings so I know where everything goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

For any of those interested, i have posted some pictures of what remains of the LOHR to my zenfolio site in the 'tains of the world' folder.

I have yet to annotate them but will do in the next few days.

http://davejonesphotography.zenfolio.com/

It might help those who are modelling this delightful line with a few of the nuances.

cheers

Dave

• 2 months later...

still hoping to find the correct colours.

for this centre coach, I made a pigs ear of one side when I first soldered it together, the sides are laminated and I creased the bottom half of this side because I used too much heat, it had lots of ripples in it so Ive been priming and rubbing it down with high build primer, its taken all day but its nice and smooth now.

the colour of the primer itself doesnt look too far off from the top colour I think.

post-27-0-53086900-1365280488.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

also to be sorted out are the large distinctive circular 1st and 3rd window signs, smoking and non smoking.

from the best shots I have Ive scanned them and tried to get them as close to a circle but as yet I havent got the software to do this properly.

once they are stretched and compressed so they are circular and level they will need to be coloured, cream circle, red lettering or cream lettering in a red box.

Im not sure if there is a significance to that style, ie was one a later and earlier style?

then once that is done and the size worked out I will approach someone who can produce them as transfers.

post-27-0-51741700-1366724378.jpg

post-27-0-47221500-1366724392.jpg

post-27-0-50337800-1366724363.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Michael,

I quite fancy an 8 ft section of the liver building, overhead running behind it, steam on the track underneath and working trams on the road behind. All seen from the Mersey.

Mind you I'd need someone to build the Liver building and the church for me as I am rubbish at doing them.

Maybe one for the LOHR museum eh? Lol

Cheers

Dave

Picking up on this old thread, the description of the layout is exactly the one I have in the planning stage. I've ordered the Judith Edge kit and some structure, Liver Building model on its way, Dingle tunnel entrance from a Metcalfe kit ready to build, Liverpool Corporation tram and bus already on hand and some shipping kits for the Pier Head landing stage ready to go. Also plan on including the Anglican Cathedral, St. Nicholas Church and possibly Lime Street station and the other two graces. It's just a matter of putting it all together.  :nono:  

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget the Mersey Tunnel ventilating shaft building (artists always seem to miss it out when painting Pier Head scenes).

Yes Mike, I will probably include it, reluctantly. It is a bit of an ugly structure though and doesn't really blend in well with the surroundings, which is why they most likely exclude it.

Archived