Lima Class 117

I am sure that someone out there has managed to remove the Lima Class 117's bodies. I have removed the two screws and pulled the body sides away from the chassis but the chassis does not want to drop. Are there body fixing lugs along the side or at the ends? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, as The Youth says, remove the corridor connector, and then push the lug in very gently, as they can break off if forced into far due to age, the back end of the chassis comes down first, then slide back from the cab end, as there is a lug that goes into the a slot in the lower cab glazing.

hope this is clear and helps.

Craig.

IIRC there is one behind the gangway

Hi, as The Youth says, remove the corridor connector, and then push the lug in very gently, as they can break off if forced into far due to age, the back end of the chassis comes down first, then slide back from the cab end, as there is a lug that goes into the a slot in the lower cab glazing.

hope this is clear and helps.

Craig.

Many thanks to both of you. Probably would not have thought of removing the corridor connection. I have now successfully managed to seperate body and chassis.

Many thanks again for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi MJI, do you have any pics of the DMS ?

Best regards

Craig.

Not in its current state, (I think it has been dropped and the 2 seams have let go) but I bought a cheap DMU dummy car with missing cab to be a donor.

It is just the standard conversion, the 118 and the other 117 are getting DC conversion panels

Archived