When I stripped down the unit I noticed that the Fan units were not

present I assume that Hornby did not fit them to this Model

Lights have to be checked out as the units were fitted with DCC

David

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did I read correct that you said you were only 72? Laughs I am not a modern image bloke myself (just ask my Mrs :boast: ) but I am liking your layout a lot. Can I ask how long have you been bulding it and have you been modelling from an early age?

Great Layout.

Many thanks to both Hughie and TheFonz1

Yes I am a Senior Person and hope to reach 73 in EarlyJan

Heathfield was started approx mid 1980,s and started as a 2 leval layout in my Garage

It was previously in the attic but when the Kids arrived and work commitments I was not allowed

up there at night time a friend of mine John Walker met at our local club Wexford MRC one evening

and said he would help me move down over a Xmas period the Middle section and the upper leval

were constructed over a 3 day period after that I commenced tracklaying using Peco N/S flexitrack

and Peco points the point motors mostly Peco were wired and large control panels were added

at a later stage when my Loco fleet became numerous over 80 I decided to add adedicated Loco Depot

In 2006 after visiting the DEMU exhibition in Burton upon Trent I saw a DCC Layout with Sound fitted

Locos I was hooked and slowly converted the layout section by section to DCC

I settled on the Prodigy system and apart from some slight niggles am totally satisfied with the system

I still kept the stud and probe method for changing the points

I started modelling from the age of 8 when we lived in Kenya anb because I had to go to a boarding school over 300

miles away from home for 3 months at a time and Xmas was comming my parents said they would consider a Hornby Dublo

3 Rail if I did well at school I came 1st that term and have been interested since then

Also when I visited my Grandparents in Holyhead I used to go to the Depot to see all the Steam locos Royal Scotts etc

But have concentrated on Modern UK Image in 00 guage I have also a small N guage layuot for local exhibitions and

a small collection of USA Diesels as well as 00 Modern Irish trains as I now live in SEast Ireland

I am a retired electronics tech and dabble with lights in fire engines and cars and buildings etc as well as sound

Glad you enjoyed the layout as they say it is still not complete

I have to thank the many members of this site as well as my friend John and the members of my club for all your support

Watch this space

David

Archived